Washing Machine not taking in fabric conditioner.

(10 Posts)
LIZS Wed 12-Mar-14 09:51:41

Conditioner is being left in the drawer, powder works fine. Cleaned out the drawer and can't see any obstruction. Any ideas ? It's a Zanussi btw

mummylin Wed 12-Mar-14 09:57:39

On mine tree is a hole in the department where the powder goes in. It's on the ceiling of the drawer, it could be blocked. So if you have some thin wire or something try poking that through the hole to unblock it

take the drawer out and clean the roof of the bit the drawer fits into. I use bleach spray and an old toothbrush as the little holes in the roof bit get blocked with black gunk. Then wipe it out with a cloth

PigletJohn Wed 12-Mar-14 10:14:42

If cleaning the holes thoroughly doesn't work (it usually does), there is an electrically operated diverter flap to make the water flow through the softener compartment instead of the soap compartment. It might need a pro repair.

You probably know it helps to keep the drawers slightly open after use so it can dry out to reduce mould growth. Kitchen spray with bleach is good for killing black mould so it scrubs off easier with a stiff nylon brush.

AFAIK fusewire is practically impossible to find now, for poking holes clear, but some camping shops might sell a pricker intended for clearing the fuel jets in camping stoves.

cloutiedumpling Wed 12-Mar-14 12:54:59

An unbent paperclip may also do the job.

LIZS Wed 12-Mar-14 13:37:09

thanks, will give it a try . smile

Rascalls3 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:34:46

Save your money and stop using fabric conditioner. I haven't used it for years and don't miss it!

I notice the difference if I don't use fabric softener plus I like the smell

LIZS Thu 13-Mar-14 08:06:42

I never used to ! But like it for towels especially when too cold to dry outside. Had a prod around with some success but still some left in the drawer so maybe needs another go.

LIZS Thu 13-Mar-14 20:27:59

thank you , paperclip seems to have worked smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now