Have got cleaners coming for a one-off clean - what should I get them to concentrate on?

(10 Posts)
slowlygettingthere Tue 11-Mar-14 20:43:50

That is all.
Thanks in advance

Mintyy Tue 11-Mar-14 20:45:57

Oven. Windows. Tiles in the bathroom. Under beds. On top of wardrobes. Light fittings. Skirting boards.

OverAndAbove Tue 11-Mar-14 20:49:57

High and low areas. All the bits you wouldn't normally wipe or dust. No point getting them to polish the sink etc - but proper mopping of floors, getting cobwebs out of ceiling corners etc makes a massive difference. Also cleaning the inside of the windows!

CQ Tue 11-Mar-14 20:50:38

Door handles - worth disinfecting after all the little snotty hands over the winter
Window frames - open them up and wipe away all the dead things and cobwebs around the edges
Shower screen & shower heads - if you have hard water angry
Clean out fridge & wash all the shelves & drawers
Take off all sofa cushions & vacuum underneath

slowlygettingthere Tue 11-Mar-14 21:25:27

Good point about high and low

slowlygettingthere Wed 12-Mar-14 13:49:11

Any more tips?

Tudaisy Thu 13-Mar-14 23:46:54

If I had them in I would get them to concentrate on all those hard cleaning tasks that I can't do. One example is degreasing the kitchen hood. I know that sounds yuck but I have tried every product to degrease it and nothing works.

ThatBloodyWoman Thu 13-Mar-14 23:48:28

Paintwork, lightshades, curtain poles and blinds.

ThatBloodyWoman Thu 13-Mar-14 23:50:00

Or just a thorough kitchen clean.

Mrswellyboot Fri 14-Mar-14 20:37:05

If it were me I'd get them to do the bathrooms - mainly shower enclosure and door

Windows inside and out

Skirtings and architrave

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now