Scrambled egg. Enamelled pan.

(5 Posts)
BusyCee Sun 09-Mar-14 07:36:58

OH has managed to solder his scrambled eggs to the bottom of my naice le Creuset pan. He did this on Friday, didn't soak it, and it's only just come to light. Any ideas I can share with him about how to get the pan clean and egg free?

Thanks in advance

mermaidbutmytailfelloff Sun 09-Mar-14 07:41:29

Coke, enough to cover, then bring to the boil, switch it off and leave it to soak while you sit in the sun.

When that doesn't work try a little water and some bio washing powder, let it soak again.

One of them should do it

PigletJohn Sun 09-Mar-14 09:50:35

A green nylon scourer is good for enamelled iron, after soaking. Beware of washing powder, denture tablets or chemicals as iron can rust if the enamel is damaged.

Avoid wire wool or abrasive cleaners as they will wear the shiny surface and it will hold dirt more.

Le Creuset do their own brand cream cleaner at vast expense.

Equimum Sun 09-Mar-14 19:29:59

Bicarbonate of soda. Add quite a bit to some water and boil. This even sorted it when I turned the bottom of one of ours black. DH was ready to kill me, but this worked.

BusyCee Mon 10-Mar-14 03:40:58

Good old bicarb, eh? Thanks for the tips - on the end I soaked, peeled and green scoured and its looking good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now