Where do you keep odd socks?

(38 Posts)
fs2013 Thu 06-Mar-14 09:36:20

I have a collection of odd socks in my bedroom which I don't like to throw away as sometimes the other sock is still in the dirty basket. the pile changes every week as I find the other sock and add new odds etc.. I keep them in a drawer in my room but now want to use the drawer..any ideas?!

LucyLasticBand Sat 08-Mar-14 08:00:47

oh and i keep all the odd socks in the airing cupboard
must have a clear out,

LucyLasticBand Sat 08-Mar-14 08:00:00

i get quite upset when i see my teens wearing odd socks, but then lately i am the one who pairs them, and quite often i pair odd socks together!

Elocampane Sat 08-Mar-14 07:56:46

when we take socks off, we stick them in one of these, they go through the washer & dryer. either put them away still in the lock, or roll together & have a 'socklock pot' near the washing bin.

http://www.soklok.com/

DevonCiderPunk Fri 07-Mar-14 23:49:43

Every single sock in the house goes into the same big basket on the landing. The idea of a "socks box" is something that I thank Mumsnet for daily. About 3 times a year I do a sock audit.

ThatsMyOnlyShirt Fri 07-Mar-14 23:47:47

*socks. Obvs I don't put sticks through the wash.

ThatsMyOnlyShirt Fri 07-Mar-14 23:46:41

I have attempted to come up with a system where odd socks are a thing of the past!

I use tiny black safety pins to pin my sticks together at the end of the day, before going in the wash. This way the stay together throughout the whole washing and drying process.

crazynanna Fri 07-Mar-14 23:43:51

Where do you keep odd socks?

On my feet

Catsmamma Fri 07-Mar-14 23:39:40

same as stripey...

paired socks are just too mainstream for us....all the socks go in a massive ikea type bag and it's like diving for scallops

dh gets quite antsy about it, but not enough to either sort the fuckers out or make sure they get washed together so it's too bad.

too!
fucking
bad!

Stripytop Fri 07-Mar-14 23:35:06

In 'the box of socks'. currently has about a million socks in it. If you want a pair, matching or otherwise, you have to dive in and find them yourself.

We're not that bothered about having matching socks in our house. grin

PigletJohn Fri 07-Mar-14 23:28:38

Buy two dozen pairs of socks, all the same, preferably black, and chuck out the old ones.

NationMcKinley Fri 07-Mar-14 22:24:33

Big bag under the marital bed. We have hundreds of lost socks. Why I don't know but it drives me bloody nuts. Every so often I go slightly crazy and make my DSs and DH go through them and pair them up. About ten seconds later we have hundreds of odd socks again. <rocks in the corner>

stealthsquiggle Fri 07-Mar-14 22:23:53

We have a pop up laundry bin full of odd socks. And it is full blush.

They just go in the owner's sock drawer.

WorrySighWorrySigh Fri 07-Mar-14 22:17:45

I wear mine, obviously not all of them at the same time. They just go in my drawer and I wear the first two which come to hand.

SauvignonBlank Fri 07-Mar-14 22:10:45

I've got a little wooden board, with pegs on, it's called The Sock Exchange. It's painted with little brightly coloured socks on it. Decorative more than functional but quite fun.

AuditAngel Fri 07-Mar-14 22:02:46

In the plastic laundry basket the stuff waits to be ironed in.

GemmaTeller Fri 07-Mar-14 21:58:38

I bin them

Its0kToBeMe Fri 07-Mar-14 21:55:02

In a hanging frog thing that we got from Ikea. It hangs on the back of DS bedroom door as its always him who loses them.

Stuck to the magnet board in the kitchen with a clip/magnet thing. But I rarely have more than one or two at a time grin

Nocomet Fri 07-Mar-14 21:39:22

In a draw in my room, but they are stuffed on top of holiday toilet bags and other junk.

I saw a thing on Pinterest with a board with a load of pegs stuck to it with the odd ones pegged up. It said something about House Elves on the sign.

LowLevelWhinging Fri 07-Mar-14 21:24:37

you date your odd sock bag?? confused

DP's socks are all the same.

Kids' socks I aim to buy the same but not always possible. so odds go in the odd sock drawer, pairs in the pair drawer. Obviously!

MrsShrek3 Fri 07-Mar-14 21:22:35

large supermarket shopping bag. last count 67 odd socks.

just how?hmm

RaspberryLemonPavlova Fri 07-Mar-14 21:16:55

In a basket in the utility room. Every now and then (approx 3 months) I empty it into a bag and date it. Then I throw out the previous bag of odd socks.

This is the only thing in my life that is well organised!

hollyisalovelyname Fri 07-Mar-14 21:15:07

In a big bag.
Every now and then I sit down and pair them up.
I couldn't wear mismatching socks but dd1 has no problem. Grrrrr!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now