Kardean flooring

(6 Posts)
nutcasenan Wed 05-Mar-14 17:22:57

I have Karndean flooring in several rooms. My problem is in the kitchen where I have regularly cleaned it with floor wipes etc. it is dull and smeary in places. When it's washed it looks fine until it dries. Has anyone any ideas on how to bring it back to its original appearance. I would be very grateful for any help you may be able to give me.

curiousparent Thu 06-Mar-14 07:18:19

Do Karndean do their own cleaning/revitalising range? I have karndean myself and I know that they recommend their own range of cleaning products (which I don't actually use) but wondered if they may have something to bring it back to life?

magimedi Thu 06-Mar-14 08:44:46

You have to get Karndean cleaning stuff, one product that will take off the old polish, one that will clean it & one that will apply new polish to it.

It's a real pain - there was Karndean in the kitchen when we moved here & the reason I didn't go for Karndean again. You should only need to strip & polish about twice a year, but it's another chore!

Any Karndean stockist will have or be able to get you the stuff.

nutcasenan Thu 06-Mar-14 14:51:04

Thank you magimedi. Will do. Good to know its Karndean and not me falling short in the old cleaning game?

minstaral Thu 06-Mar-14 15:09:15

Hello,depends on the colour to how much work you need to do,as others have said karndean do there own products it is a chore once it has been cut back with karndean stripper and then the top polish,let it dry and harden as long as poss,preff overnight then I use cif wood floor cleaner £1:50 with a squeeze mop although karndean is not wood it leaves no residue a full karndean cleaning kit is over £30 horrid job with the karndean products but once its done not to bad to keep nice with supermarket products. good luck.

RachelHRD Thu 06-Mar-14 20:26:56

I have Karndean throughout downstairs which is coming up to 3 years old and I've never stripped and reapplied even though I have the kit. The key is that you shouldn't use harsh cleaning products on it - I use Ecover multi purpose cleaner on it which cleans but doesn't strip the polish off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now