About to go nearly full - time, partner works 24/7...

(4 Posts)
Daisybell1 Wed 05-Mar-14 16:39:40

... can someone help me get organised?

I'm uping my hours to 4 days a week, my partner is a farmer so works 365 days a year so we don't have 2 clear days at weekends to get sorted. Dd is 2.6

Does anyone have any tips for getting our acts together? I'll be out of the house from 7.45 till 6 pm...

Thank you!

Logg1e Wed 05-Mar-14 21:50:25

You know, sometimes I think you just have to give yourself a break. With those hours it seems to me you'll have your work cut out with the cooking and laundry.

TeaOneSugar Wed 05-Mar-14 22:26:44

If you're saying your DH isn't able to help, you'll need to decide what you need to get done on the 3 days you're not working, and whether you need some help.

A friend of mine has someone who comes in once a month and does a blitz, rather than a couple of hours every week.

Daisybell1 Thu 06-Mar-14 15:27:10

Thanks for the replies and for making it permissable for it to be a struggle. Unfortunately we need the money.

A blitz once a month sounds very sensible, I used to have a cleaner but she doesn't come any more. A monthly deeper clean could be just the trick. I remember some meal planning threads so I need to search them out. Luckily the toddler enjoys sorting laundry which gives me a greater incentive to get it done...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now