New Tumble Dryer - Clothes don't smell fresh

(2 Posts)
VarcityEdinburgh Tue 04-Mar-14 20:41:07

I recently bought a new AEG Lavatherm Condenser dryer and I have been using it for a few cycles and noticed the clothing and towels etc to smell a little unusual, not like they do when coming out of the wash (with fabric softener). I have used Lenor dryer sheets also but it does not seem to have helped the problem and the filters and everything has been cleaned and/or emptied as advised. However it does dry pretty well (sometimes having to put through an additional cycle for a few minutes more.

What can I do to get items I dry in the dryer to smell lovely and fresh and not like damp or whatever the smell is. The machine is nearly a week old and its a Condenser Dryer (Heat Pump also (i don't know).

I thank you in advance for your help.

Bagpussss Thu 06-Mar-14 19:47:13

Have the same problem, I used to get clothes out of the wardrobe that had been tumbled dried and they would have this strange cheese smell. What I do now is after a drying cycle I put the dryer on again for another 20 minutes on high to make sure the clothes are fully dried, also use smelly dryer sheetssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now