HELP ME FIND A BLIND FOR MY SHABBY CHIC KITCHEN PLEASE :)

(10 Posts)
triplets Sat 01-Mar-14 00:00:07

Been to Dunhelm, Homebase etc but cannot see anything I like. New kitchen is vanilla/cream units ,work tops are like grey linen, haven`t decided on wall colour yet but will prob be a soft creamy white. Would like a blind that's sort of shabby chic, something abit different! Thanks !

dizhin79 Sat 01-Mar-14 06:15:49

what's your budget? you could get some made, roman blinds are relatively simple to make, then you could just pick the prefect fabric from a haberdashery and away you go

dizhin79 Sat 01-Mar-14 06:16:33

disclaimer - dm is a sewing legend so I say this using comments from her rather than my own experience!

triplets Sat 01-Mar-14 10:17:46

I can`t sew for toffee, we have a nice fabric shop in town, might pop in and have a look, thanks!

Sunnyshores Tue 04-Mar-14 10:31:41

usually fabric shops can recommend a sewer (is that the term for such clever people?)

Choccybaby Tue 04-Mar-14 20:16:10

Seamstress?

Karbea Tue 04-Mar-14 20:35:31

How about any of these?

I used this company just before Christmas to get three blinds made, they were great value and came beautifully made and shipped in great condition and quickly.

I loved those fabrics and I'm just thinking of where I can put them at the moment.

triplets Tue 04-Mar-14 22:13:46

ooo some of these are lovely will have a good look, thank you :-)

Legacy Wed 05-Mar-14 10:30:54

we have this: www.johnlewis.com/harlequin-alina-roller-blinds-multi/p296879#default
in our kitchen (which sounds the same colour scheme as yours) and it is lovely - adds a splash of colour!

triplets Wed 05-Mar-14 22:23:24

That's lovely Legacy and I see it moisture proof, it would go nicely here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now