Aga Total Control

(6 Posts)
Candyalice Fri 24-Jan-14 16:12:09

Does anybody have experiences with one..?
Does it provide ambient heat..?
Please tell me any info appreciated....

Tweedjacket Sun 26-Jan-14 12:12:28

Hi Candyalice, they're fabulous cookers, great if you're out and about etc as they heat up pretty quickly from being off. However, they're designed to be more cooker than Aga if that makes sense? They have less ambient heat than traditional Agas but being cast iron, they do retain heat well once on. We've just ordered a Dual Control (not taken delivery of it yet as haven't bought our house yet) and spent a lot of time deliberating between the two. The Dual Control is more of a traditional Aga, though is electric like the TC and the jobs can be switched on/off like the TC. It can be switched off completely (but you can't use ovens) or can be put into eco mode which just doesn't run as hot. It's not recommended you cook in eco mode, but lots do and just adjust cooking times. So during summer you can cook in eco mode or just on hot plates and whilst it'll still be warm it won't be throwing out full heat. My friend has just ordered a TC as she works away a lot and it suits her more, whereas I'm at home a fair bit and don't particularly want a cold Aga. The TC isn't really designed to be left on all the time. There have been quite a lot of bad reviews of the TC, but it's on a third generation model now and they've ironed out a lot of kinks since the first wave, but it is a complex bit of kit so I guess more to potentially go wrong. I'm sure you'd love whichever model you opt for :-)

Thinkingofmyfabfour Sun 26-Jan-14 15:16:48

I was just about to post question about dual control vs total control! tweedjacket has summarised it quite nicely for me though! We have an electric aga with aims but will be moving to new house in a year and so I'll be getting a new aga (yay!)
I like the idea of being able to have just the top to cook on and ovens off in summer, that makes a lot of sense.
I'm going to go for light colour this time- probably the pearl ashes colour. What colour are you getting tweed
Also I can't find price list anywhere! Is it a 4 oven you are getting? How much was it? (pm me if you don't want to say) I know standard aga is about 10k so I'm hoping it's not much more than that.

Candyalice Sat 22-Feb-14 16:17:28

Tweedjacket Ty for all the info...ordered the pearl ashes tc3 last weekend

boobyboobyboobyboob Sun 22-Jun-14 05:49:26

Tweed jacket, having read that you had ordered a dual control aga I was wondering how you are finding it? I was initially looking at ordering the gas four oven but couldn't get it without an ugly balanced flue. Now looking at three oven dual control with module. It's such a hefty price so any info would be great.

AgaMum Wed 09-Jul-14 14:42:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now