I had a (very sad) eureka moment this morning

(58 Posts)
mermaidbutmytailfelloff Sun 12-Jan-14 14:43:15

I rediscovered old fashioned cream cleaner. For years I splashed out on expensive spray cleaners for the bathroom and kitchen and decided I was just a slatternly bint because nothing ever felt really clean.

Today I spent 99p on a bottle of cream cleaner, what a revelation! my sink sparkles, my bath is a different colour I am sure, miraculous. Yes I had to rinse but nothing that caused any problems.

I am stupidly pleased and thought I would share.

RudyMentary Tue 14-Jan-14 08:58:53

Ajax - I remember Ajax grin

Seabright Tue 14-Jan-14 10:00:41

If you can't use Vim (plastic bath) then try HG Bath Shine, it's fab & lasts forever as you only use a tiny amount.

You can get it from Lakeland, Amazon or little hardware shops.

poopooheadwillyfatface Tue 14-Jan-14 10:05:40

Well I am mning in the bath and a bottle of Cif I found in my garage is on the side for when I get out grin got a buffing cloth and Windolene out in the kitchen and I might even open the box of oven prideshock later.
my house is well overdue a good sort out so this might spur me on a bit

Rooners Tue 14-Jan-14 11:31:45

Be careful, I'm not sure but think some surfaces can be damaged by certain cleaning agents.

I never use anything on our enamel bath except water. I may use a little limescale remover at some point but am nervous about it....

iggymama Tue 14-Jan-14 11:58:34

Minniebar, have you tried dishwasher tablets to clean your bath jets? Kim and Aggie did this once with great success.

Catilla Tue 14-Jan-14 12:19:51

On the reminiscing theme... whenever I see "Ajax" I remember an advert where they said the name backwards "Xaja Diquil" - wondered if I was imagining it but found it here www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tiPpdSkEIA
The idea seemed to be it made your surfaces so shiny it reflected the name on the bottle into mirror writing! Anyone else this sad?!

chocoluvva Tue 14-Jan-14 12:24:47

Wow - what a blast from the past! smile

I bathed in Vim too.

Does that mean that bath cubes would be good at cleaning? grin

cantthinkofagoodone Tue 14-Jan-14 12:25:27

It is the best thing on the kitchen hob too. I just alternate between that and dettol spray to avoid a build up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now