fancy nets for front window...

(8 Posts)
Clumsyoaf Sat 11-Jan-14 15:18:13

I did a diy job - dont like nets particularly but needed something on windows. got some plain net, measured windows and attached plain panels with some velcro - cost me less than six quid and am always complimented on them smile

lucysmam Fri 03-Jan-14 21:41:03

Well, I didn't find anything much in town so MIL suggested just some plain net from a place that does it for a quid a metre for the mo....that shop was shut & I forgot the extendey stick thingy to put it on so not very successful today confused

Might have a look for voiles on amazon shortly, see what's about on there.

Showtime Fri 03-Jan-14 21:27:24

My kitchen window is now covered in lace-effect sticky-backed plastic, easy to wipe down or open window without trapping nets.

Weelady77 Fri 03-Jan-14 17:36:04

You would get them at a market

lucysmam Fri 03-Jan-14 12:53:42

Not sure really, am on my way for a look round town to see if I can find anything. One of the houses over the road has some nice swagged sort of ones.

ouryve Fri 03-Jan-14 11:47:25

What do you mean by fancy? Elephants' bloomers or just nice?

I have some simple voiles from John Lewis. They provide privacy and diffuse light nicely, without being fussy. Most people round here have vertical blinds and, even if I wasn't certain that the bys would destroy them within a week, I can't stand them. That said, you can get lacy ones, which are a bit nicer.

lucysmam Fri 03-Jan-14 11:44:23

bump smile

lucysmam Fri 03-Jan-14 08:56:49

Any idea where to look for inspiration?

tia smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now