A few random questions I'm hoping some of you can help me with....

(8 Posts)
lucysmam Thu 02-Jan-14 21:57:53

Will have a look at budliah and geraniums too, hopefully I'll be able to pick something up over the next few days smile

lucysmam Thu 02-Jan-14 21:56:06

Excellent thanks very much, will be off to have a browse of Debenhams and M&S online since they're easier to get to.

Will run shower curtain through machine on cold when I do a proper thorough clean of the bathroom (probably a few weeks yet, am still trying to get organised).

I have some white vinegar in but no squeegee thing or spray bottle so will add a spray to my online shop for the mo. Steam cleaner would be nice eventually but there are so many other things we actually need atm it'd be pretty low down on the list.

Lavenderhoney Thu 02-Jan-14 21:44:37

Agree with wheredidioarkmybroom, and homebase or next might have some.

mousmous Thu 02-Jan-14 21:43:56

1. yes, I wash ours everytime I deep clean the bathroom
2. white vinegar. put it in a spray bottle, spray on and wipe of after a bit. stop build up by using a squeegee after each shower.
3. budliah
4. no clue. ikea, dunelm mills...

Yes (I put mine on on cold), yes to steam cleaner, don't know for the others.

onepieceoflollipop Thu 02-Jan-14 21:41:51

1. yes put in machine. I occasionally pre soak the bottom of it (if mildewy) in a weak solution of bleach before washing.
2. mould and mildew remover e.g. dettol do one in green bottle. Follow instructions, usually pre-spray and leave x minutes. Good small scrubby brush from Lakeland £2 ish. (or old toothbrush)
3. no idea
4. I would try Dunelm, M&S, Debenhams, John Lewis.

Wherediparkmybroom Thu 02-Jan-14 21:39:41

Yes, steam cleaner, geraniums, not a clue x

lucysmam Thu 02-Jan-14 21:38:18

1, can my shower curtain go in the washer? Instructions say to wash with a little bit of fabric conditioner but not whether it can go in the machine.

2, what's the best thing to clean tiles without huffing & puffing? (back & side walls of bathroom are tiled - we had two curtains all the way round in old house).

3, any ideas what sort of plant I could put in a pot outside the front door to brighten it up, easy maintenance and un-kill-able?

4, Has anyone seen any nice apple green or turquoise bathroom floor mats anywhere?

tia smile (I'm sure there were more random things through the day but I can't remember confused )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now