2 days to go! Fledglings flock here.

(195 Posts)
GoingGoingGoth Sat 28-Dec-13 22:23:48

LINKS FOR 29 DECEMBER 2013

Babystep 29 highlight's the Ask Flylady page

This week we are in Zone 4 the bathroom & 1 other room. Detailed cleaning list for those that can be bothered here

It's Sunday so Renew your Spirit Day and no missions.

December's monthly habit is Pampering

Flight Plan for today.

CallingAllEngels Tue 31-Dec-13 14:50:44

ellie I couldn't believe the queues in Sainsbury's the Monday before Christmas. It was unbelievable! You'd think people could cope with the supermarket being shut for one day!

We have lots of yummy things for tonight - DH is going to make some sushi with smoked salmon, we have some prawns for a prawn cocktail, lots of cheese, ripe avocados for guacamole and lots of bread and crackers to have with oil and vinegar. Also picked up some of my favourite wine to enjoy because after the next few days (NYE, NYD and my birthday) I am eating clean (she says!).

Bloody firecrackers and bangs rocking our city now (only time people can set them off legally - more money than sense some people). though will be lovely to out at midnight and see the proper fireworks.

Have no idea what we're eating for dinner tomorrow. Will probably go round to ILs for coffee in morning, the collapse at home. Would like something packed with veg tomorrow so maybe a casserole.

MerryBuddha Tue 31-Dec-13 15:06:02

Ta da

S&S x3
W/m x3
T/d x2
D/w unloaded
Reloaded
Washing up
Shined sink
Sweep kitchen floor
Steamed cleaned kitchen floor
Cleared kitchen sides
Clean chairs
Put away all Christmas dec except tree and fireplace
Hoover living room
Clear away all left presents from down stairs
Fill 2 bin bags with rubbish
Steamed 2x bathroom floors
Sofa diving and hoovering
Dusted all down stairs

To do
Oven hob
Stair way
Put away laundry

Can you tell we have guests tonight??? guests that hubby invited, so of course he has decided he must go into the office for the afternoon angry - dc are now get restless!!!

BitchytheGreat Tue 31-Dec-13 15:56:38

I survived the shops. Just <brews up a vat of special brew>

StillWearingOddSocks Tue 31-Dec-13 15:57:43

Happy new year everyone - thanks for all the support and flying propulsion in 2013 ....

Less lurking more posting from me in 2014 I promise -

Here's to 2014 - xxxxxxx

JustGettingOnWithIt Tue 31-Dec-13 17:12:09

I have managed to be awake for a total of three hours so far today, listen to friend, remind ds that just because I'm too ill to work with him isn't a good reason for not doing it, but that's been it.
Can't even Mn as the pain in my eyes from looking at the screen is swiftly self limiting. Am really shocked it's possible to sleep this much. Going to try and stay awake to see in the new year but if I don't manage to stay awake blush; wishing a good 1014 to all.

feetheart Tue 31-Dec-13 17:23:22

Just - I really hope that 2014 is so much better for you and that the sleep that your body is finally forcing you to do revives you properly. Take care and keep sleeping smile
To all of you - thank you for being my Flying buddies over this year and the previous three years, for keeping me slightly on track, for keeping me company and for making me laugh. My house is still not perfect but housework is SO much more entertaining when I can share the ups and downs thankswinebrewcakefgrin

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all and I hope 2014 brings you what you want fsmile

BitchytheGreat Tue 31-Dec-13 17:45:31

Pst, for those who are bored and doing nothing there will be a party in the naughty corner.

BitchytheGreat Tue 31-Dec-13 17:53:06

ta da
drink coffee
send 1 of several important emails
internet admin type stuff
tidy lounge,
Dust and hoover lounge
Tidy dining room,
dust and hoover dining room
porch
3 x Laundry loads through machine
mince pies make up
cook brownies
trip to shops -nail polish remover and a few other little bits

currently removing chipped nail polish

AliceinWinterWonderland Tue 31-Dec-13 18:44:34

Happy New Year all - here's hoping I can be more organised in the new year! grin

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Tue 31-Dec-13 18:48:44

I'm in Bitchy. DH is really under the weather. The DCs are intent on staying up. DH's friend is staying with us. I feel restless.

Anyway, we've had a good afternoon, took the DCs swimming, for the fun and floats session, some friends were there too so a great deal of playing and swimming while I chatted with the mum who is a friend of mine too.

If I don't make it back later:

Happy New Year!
thanks

Happy New Year to all for tonight grin

Ok, here's presenting my ta da list for the day grin

Clean out kitchen drawers
Wipe out kitchen cupboards
Hoover living room
Clear out under stairs cupboard
Hoover and steam mop hallway
Hoover stairs and landing
Reorganise airing cupboard
Hoover DS's room
Clean windows
Sort under DD's bed
Clean DD's floor
Reorganise DD's wardrobe
Clean and tidy our bedroom surfaces
Put clothes away (4 loads of washing)
Clear rubbish in corner of bedroom
Hoover entire bedroom floor including under bed
Bathroom wipe down
Steam mop bathroom floor

Phew, my back is bloody killing me, but I'm really proud of myself grin The only thing is that so much of it was hidden, so you can't really tell hmm

My one bonus of the day is that I found a five pound note under the bed when I was hoovering, yippee grin

GossipWitch Tue 31-Dec-13 19:54:41

Hello all swiftly flying in before a small ones bedtime, I have done naff all today and will probably do something tomorrow, tell a lie I did get up and immediately tell off 2 squabbling kids and try and get Goo out of the rug.

GossipWitch Tue 31-Dec-13 19:55:07

Hello all swiftly flying in before a small ones bedtime, I have done naff all today and will probably do something tomorrow, tell a lie I did get up and immediately tell off 2 squabbling kids and try and get Goo out of the rug.

Swanhildapirouetting Tue 31-Dec-13 20:39:15

Happy New Year everyone!

I have seen a friend for coffee today
Been on a long family walk
Talked to my Dad on the phone

and incidentally my room is now TIDY yay hey! Okay a few boxes and piles round the edges, but the central aisle is tidy and hoovered grin

DH cooked supper (far too salty for my liking, that man loves stock cubes but still, dcs thought it very tasty and truth be told I have lost all interest in preparing meals atm...)

Made ds1 watch half of Twelfth Night on youtube, (poster homework) discussed it with him
Made Dh help ds1 tidy his room, (tears as ds1 is a hopeless tidier, and needs calming down whilst he is doing things he thinks he cannot do)
Dd had a friend round
Dd went round to a friend
Read ds2 half story of Achilles for his project hmm another poster
Made mincepie pastry (but no actual mincepies)
Drove ds1 to a distant park so that he could walk back, he was again relieved to be forced to take exercise

Everyone slept in till 11am today!!! Good ballast for a late night tonight.

done
yesterday
saw friend in SNewingt*n
went to another friend's delightful party in SNewingt*n - lots of people with older teens imparting their wisdom - however I have the feeling my children are always going to be too uncool for Raves.

dizzyday07 Tue 31-Dec-13 21:28:49

Today we managed to get out and go to Goathland which is where Hearbeat was filmed and the ststion was used in Harry Potter as it has a steam train that we went on. Brief sandwich in pub then home. Having a quiet NYE in with the family and DH sulking a bit as the TV remote has been wrestled off him!

I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that 2014 is kind to all of us xx

BitchytheGreat Tue 31-Dec-13 21:53:52
Sillybillybob Tue 31-Dec-13 22:56:05

Happy new year y'all xxx

Dizzy we were in Goathland narey a couple of weeks ago. It's so beautiful round there.

elliepac Tue 31-Dec-13 23:09:08

I like to finish the year the way I started it....by doing no flying whatsoevergrin.

Just popping in to say a massive Happy New Year to all you lovely fledglings. Thank you for another year of abject failure to fly on my behalf grin. Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for your friendship and support. I luffs you allsmile.

BitchytheGreat Tue 31-Dec-13 23:09:49

luffs ya too oh wise one.

GoingGoingGoth Tue 31-Dec-13 23:13:12

Just in case anyone was has missed the new thread, just wanted to say Happy New Year to you all, let's hope 2014 is better than 2013!

I think you are all amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now