Uses for old perfume

(11 Posts)
Allofaflumble Mon 30-Dec-13 21:48:47

How about spraying a cotton wool ball and then placing in the toilet roll tube, should make the loo smell nice when you go in. I may even try my own idea!

ShirazSavedMySanity Mon 30-Dec-13 16:22:13

Ohhh thanks for all these suggestions, I'm going to give te lightbulb one a go!

treaclesoda Mon 30-Dec-13 16:11:56

spray some on your lightbulbs. When you switch them on in the evening, the heat makes the smell waft round the room. Just a tiny bit though because you don't want to be getting your light fitting wet (obviously! grin ) and you don't want the smell to be overpowering.

ThePearShapedToad Sun 29-Dec-13 10:09:49

I use leftovers to spritz on the spare bed pillows etc when guests come to stay, or in the winter wardrobe when all the heavy coats are hanging together

Could try mixing into a plain e45 type lotion and making it a bit more luxurious?

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 28-Dec-13 16:37:40

I second the eBay suggestion.

I made approx £70 from 8 bottles. One or two were almost empty confused but grin!!

delasi Sat 28-Dec-13 16:30:56

You can sell empty perfume bottles on eBay. People collect them, and you can get a surprisingly good amount for them.

VikingLady Sat 28-Dec-13 12:50:44

Carpets, especially in the corners. Or behind radiators. It's what I do with mine - DD hates me wearing it so I have to use it up somehow!

ShirazSavedMySanity Sat 28-Dec-13 12:39:03

Bath essence is a good idea. May spray my oldish lavender bags with it too.

Showtime Sat 28-Dec-13 12:37:01

It would be lovely added to bath essence or shampoo, even just stored in undie drawer. Any friends interested in a swap?

Limbolady Sat 28-Dec-13 12:08:09

You can use it to clean off the sticky marks left by the labels on white goods.

ShirazSavedMySanity Sat 28-Dec-13 12:03:35

Really wasn't sure where to ask this question, I thought this section may work?

I've got a couple of bottles of perfume with a bit of perfume left in the bottle. I've basically had enough of wearing it now (had it for about 3-4 years) and I got new perfume for Christmas.

Is there anyway I can put this perfume to good use? IE use it to scent something or some other ingenious idea.

Alternatively - what can I type into Pinterest to search for ideas?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now