What do you use to make your laundry smell amazing?

(34 Posts)
prettyinpink90 Mon 28-Oct-13 21:36:31

I love amazing smelling laundry! I use Fairy tablets and a nice smelling Lenor fabric conditioner but it just doesn't keep that nice smell once dried. Can anyone recommend detergent and/or fabric conditioner that will make my laundry smell amazing?
Thank you in advance smile

Clargo55 Mon 28-Oct-13 21:39:01

I'm using Ariel Acti-lift liquid and its lovely smile DH thinks I am crazy sniffing all the washing as I fold it up.

lemontwist Mon 28-Oct-13 21:41:37

Ooh I want to know this too. A friend passed on a few clothes for my DS & everything smelt amazing. I'm going to have to ask her what she uses. Whatever I do with my washing it just smells of nothing.

chinley Mon 28-Oct-13 21:42:41

My washing machine makes everything smell like mould. sad

YomAsalYomBasal Mon 28-Oct-13 21:44:28

2-3 drops of lavender oil in every wash

Iwaswatchingthat Mon 28-Oct-13 21:44:36

The trick is to not overfill the machine. I ram too much in. The times I don't the laundry smells amazing and it lasts. You should aim for three quarters full - clothes get cleaner too.

Ps: I still overfill!!!! I don't follow my own excellent advice!!!

newmum001 Mon 28-Oct-13 21:46:35

I can only use non bio and stuff with natural ingredients because dd has really sensitive skin but because they're mild they never smell of anything. I used to use surf with essential oils and washing smelt amazing constantly. I've considered washing her stuff seperately but it's too much faffing!

SteamWisher Mon 28-Oct-13 21:50:29

You get used to the smell - that's why it doesn't smell so good after a while. So switch fragrances every now and then.

I only use mild smelling detergent/softener and everyone else's washing is very over powering to me!

Alexandrite Mon 28-Oct-13 22:08:30

I like Waitrose aloe and wild thyme fab con. It is pleasant but not overpowering. I use an unscented powder like tesco bio so it doesn't clash

Karbea Mon 28-Oct-13 22:11:34

You shouldn't use fabric conditioner especially if you have children, it makes non flammable fabrics flammable.

owlface Tue 29-Oct-13 08:13:50

Thanks Karbea, I didn't know that.

Daddypigsgusset Tue 29-Oct-13 08:59:43

The only thing I find smells on the clothes is ariel actilift liquitabs and yellow or blue lenor. Don't overfill the machine and warmer washes smell nicer.
I don't know if they still do it but orange bold was nice too but not seen it for years

Mumraathenoisylion Tue 29-Oct-13 09:02:08

I'm using orange bold gel at the moment, it is nice.

I also like almond fairy conditioner but not at the same time as the bold.

Ezza1 Tue 29-Oct-13 09:57:54

Is there anything to bung in the tumble dryer to ensure washing smells nice? Mine comes out of the washing machine smelling fresh and clean but once tumble dried it smells ghastly.

Its a washer/dryer.

Alexandrite Tue 29-Oct-13 10:53:33

You can buy Bounce dryer sheets. Think they may have a new name now

Yellow Lenor for clothes and the Gold or Black one for bedding!

3bookworms Tue 29-Oct-13 11:51:26

I think the smell is supposed to be bacterial / mold so I do a boil wash every couple of weeks for stuff that needs a hot wash anyway, and I don't use conditioner as it gunks up the machine and is bad for sensitive skin. I use surcare and when I remember I add a couple of drops of tea tree / lavender oil to the fabric conditioner box for washing stuff like bed linen and towels - its anti bacterial and anti-fungal and smells nice :-) We have a seperate dryer, not the condenser kind and there's no smell.
There's nothing like drying in the sunshine though ...

napkin Tue 29-Oct-13 17:06:09

Persil non bio and blue comfort, love the smell of them together.

Iris445 Wed 30-Oct-13 18:50:19

The wind! Nothing better than washing from the line. I hate chemical smells.

Littleredsquirrel Wed 30-Oct-13 19:20:47

I agree about switching regularly. I bought the bold orange this time and for two days the house smelled lovely, now I can't smell it at all.

prettyinpink90 Thu 31-Oct-13 12:50:59

I usually use non-bio washing tablets so a little worried about switching to bio. Although these seem to be the ones that smell amazing!

legohouse Thu 31-Oct-13 14:36:06

At the mo i'm using daz liquid and fairy softner,nice fresh smell. Other combinations i like are tesco non bio liquid with fairy softner and persil non bio powder with comfort pure (the white one),i can always smell the people that use this when waiting outside my ds classroom on school-run!!

Salmonspringroll Tue 29-Apr-14 08:53:56

LENOR SPRING AWAKENING! blue one. It's amazing, hence the capital letters lol

Dancingwiththedrummer Wed 07-May-14 18:21:47

I used the Asda moon flower powder and that was amazing even on its own but the big boxes are discontinued now so I've switched to surf

hiddenhome Sat 10-May-14 00:20:31

Lavender Zoflora smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now