Book storage

(6 Posts)
BrownSauceSandwich Sun 20-Oct-13 17:07:10

You're not handy with a saw and a screwdriver, are you? This sort of thing www.johnlewis.com/tidy-books-abc-bookcase/p333280?kpid=230696399&s_kenid=5294a72c-a3b5-42a9-1340-0000062f8427&s_kwcid=ppc_pla&tmad=c&tmcampid=73 would be sooooo easy to make, for a hell of a lot less than JL are charging for it. And you could make it exactly as big as your space dictates...

leeloo1 Sun 20-Oct-13 16:55:01

You may have already decided, but we have these which are great for separating/supporting children's picture books.

That's really nice!

DeathMetalMum Thu 17-Oct-13 20:10:03

I did look at expedit but the size is either too small or big we only really have space in dc's room as we are currently moving the books out of the living room. I have managed to find something just as I posted, here . Which I think should just about be right.

The ikea expedit bookcases have the same sort of cubby holes and are much cheaper, though plainer. What about a sling bookcase like this? We have too many books for just a sling bookcase, so.have a normal bookcase too and rotate them.

DeathMetalMum Thu 17-Oct-13 19:57:25

I am trying to find some book storage for dc's books dd1 is 2 and finds a standard book shelf difficult for getting books on and off it just turns into a huge mess for me to tidy.
I have seen this I think the dividers for the shelvs will make it easier to use for dd, and this which is perfect but I think both are slightly more than I want to pay. Has anyone any other ideas. We have dd2 (only 7 mo atm) also so will need it to hold quite a few books.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now