Hot water bottle covers-wool, felt, or what?

(5 Posts)
gobbin Thu 17-Oct-13 19:54:17

I had a lambswool one which lasted about 3 yrs before it holed. Current one is plain purple fleece and has been going strong 3 yrs now and will last another 3

yummyburger Thu 17-Oct-13 18:02:59

ok am going to get the bright pink one (I think they call it raspberry). looking forward to some cosy nights with my hot water bottle!!

yummyburger Thu 17-Oct-13 17:56:43

ooh that sounds lovely - just off to google Graham and Greene!

betterwhenthesunshines Thu 17-Oct-13 15:01:49

DH bought me a padded velvet one ( think it was graham and Greene?) which is gorgeoous, soft and stays warm all night. Would highly recommend it - my little piece of heaven every night. (The hot water bottle rather than DH)

yummyburger Thu 17-Oct-13 13:46:43

I'm keen to get myself a hot water bottle and have been looking at some of the notonthehighstreet where there are some really gorgeous ones.

I really like one in felt and some of the lambswool ones. Wondering if these are practical? i.e. how do they wear? I don't mind handwashing them (so long as it doesn't have to be too often) but just want something hardwearing.

any one with some thoughts on this? should I instead be going for something furry / synthetic??

will also be shortly checking out amazon (see from an old MN thread on hotwater bottles that amazon was recommended).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now