Hot water bottle covers-wool, felt, or what?

(5 Posts)
yummyburger Thu 17-Oct-13 13:46:43

I'm keen to get myself a hot water bottle and have been looking at some of the notonthehighstreet where there are some really gorgeous ones.

I really like one in felt and some of the lambswool ones. Wondering if these are practical? i.e. how do they wear? I don't mind handwashing them (so long as it doesn't have to be too often) but just want something hardwearing.

any one with some thoughts on this? should I instead be going for something furry / synthetic??

will also be shortly checking out amazon (see from an old MN thread on hotwater bottles that amazon was recommended).

betterwhenthesunshines Thu 17-Oct-13 15:01:49

DH bought me a padded velvet one ( think it was graham and Greene?) which is gorgeoous, soft and stays warm all night. Would highly recommend it - my little piece of heaven every night. (The hot water bottle rather than DH)

yummyburger Thu 17-Oct-13 17:56:43

ooh that sounds lovely - just off to google Graham and Greene!

yummyburger Thu 17-Oct-13 18:02:59

ok am going to get the bright pink one (I think they call it raspberry). looking forward to some cosy nights with my hot water bottle!!

gobbin Thu 17-Oct-13 19:54:17

I had a lambswool one which lasted about 3 yrs before it holed. Current one is plain purple fleece and has been going strong 3 yrs now and will last another 3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now