Tumble dryer recommendations for the shed

(8 Posts)
ErrolTheDragon Thu 17-Oct-13 20:17:08

TBH I think any vented dryer should be ok in a shed.

Its fridges and freezers which counter-intuitively can't be kept too cold.

Melfish Thu 17-Oct-13 20:13:48

Another hotpoint vented tumble drier in an unheated garage. Think it was about £150 4 years ago. The hose is dangled out of the window. Seems to still work (touch wood).

gobbin Thu 17-Oct-13 19:56:35

We have a cheap Hotpoint vented dryer in an unheated garage. Simple and does the job well

EntWife Thu 17-Oct-13 12:59:39

we have cheapo hotpoint aqualis vented dryer in the shed. we have had it 5 years now. had its first problem last week (broken drive belt, easy to fix). works brilliantly and cost a grand total of £200

think this is it. the spec its the same

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/laundry-dishwashers/tumble-dryers/hotpoint-tvfm60b6p-vented-tumble-dryer-white-21406015-pdt.html

PigletJohn Wed 16-Oct-13 23:23:02

it is so easy to cut a hole in a shed wall that you should have a vented. They are simpler, cheaper and more reliable. There is a Bosch WTV74105GB "Which" best buy at about £360, which I am very pleased with, or the Bosch WTV74309GB at a similar price, but if you pay (quite a lot) more you can get a higher-scoring one.

IIRC there is a problem with (some?) condensor driers in chilly unheated areas in winter.

Northlondonma Wed 16-Oct-13 21:53:16

Thank you!

LittleMissWise Wed 16-Oct-13 21:48:10

I've got a Hotpoint vented one that is about 12 years old. This would be the equivalent. Mine has lived inside and outside, when it was outside I just left the shed door open and poked the pipe out of the door.

My sister had a cheap White Knight dryer in her shed.

Northlondonma Wed 16-Oct-13 21:44:26

Hi all.

We've recently moved and want to buy a tumble dryer that will stay in the shed outside. Anyone any recommendations for a dryer that can live outside?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now