Anyone use/d a valet stand?

(6 Posts)
delasi Tue 15-Oct-13 13:54:02

Saw one for the first time the other day and DH thought it was great. Having thought about it since then it seems like a good idea. It would remove the need for hanging things on the wardrobe door - which annoys me - and we like the way it looks too, so on paper it would seem to tick both 'useful' and 'beautiful' boxes for us.

Any feedback on them? Or recommendations?

PigletJohn Tue 15-Oct-13 19:28:16

good for putting a suit on, with your cufflinks and tiepin on the tray. if wool, it will settle and reshape overnight.

A freestanding trouser press serves the same purpose in a less traditional way.

delasi Tue 15-Oct-13 19:54:30

But a trouser press isn't beautiful grin

I like the sound of it settling and reshaping - afaik DH's suits are mainly wool, probably some that aren't but I doubt the current system of sitting on hangers is any better! DH also tends to forget to put cufflinks and tie pins on the jewellery plate so this should, in theory, help to prevent the inevitable losses or misplacements that otherwise occur.

I think I may be swinging around to definitely picking one up some time soon.

PigletJohn Tue 15-Oct-13 22:07:31

eye of the beholder mate.

hazchem Tue 15-Oct-13 23:08:25

I have one and love it! OH wants one too but I've been wanting one for ages so when we saw it in a charity shop I got itsmile

I use it for two things.
Get my whole outfit together for the next day and if I have lots of things on put my handbag there with all the bits and bobs. It's got space for a hat and my sunnies. My jewelry is on pinned up on a cork board inside my wardrobe so I don't put earring ect on it.
A place to store once used clothes so instead of chucking them back in the cupboard or leaving on the end of the bed or something. So room does look a bit better.

Get one they are amazing. If buying one new I'd really think about what clothes I wear and make sure there is a space for that. I also like the look of some of the ones with storage so you have a place for your clothes brush and shoe horn.

delasi Tue 15-Oct-13 23:59:09

hazchem I've been thinking about it more for DH, with the occasional use for a worn shirt or such of mine, but now I'm thinking we need one for me too! grin

Perhaps there are double sized versions?! Not sure if I want to attempt putting two in the bedroom just yet...

Thanks for the feedback so far all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now