Another heated clothes airer question (sorry!)

(56 Posts)
Madratlady Sun 13-Oct-13 22:32:23

So I want to save money by not using the tumble dryer. I could buy a heated clothes airer. Could some of you people who already have one answer me a few questions about them?

- which one would you recommend? Lakeland? Something else?

- how quickly do they dry stuff? Could I put it on in the morning and have dry clothes by evening?

- can you fit a full load on one?

- does the water coming off your clothes make the room damp?

- some people have said on other threads that you need to put a sheet over, does that mean literally drape a bed sheet over or what? I see that some of them come with covers, are those better?

QOD Sun 20-Oct-13 13:53:01

And you get a £50 naked wine voucher .... My 6 free bottles arrive tomorrow and then I won't give a toss of my laundry is wet or dry anyway grin

MistressIggi Sun 20-Oct-13 14:32:47

I got my wine last week, but am trying to be good and keep for presents! Well, maybe one or two..
I am warming to my airer, if I hange most of the wash up on usual roof rack thingy but take the harder to dry items/the ones I want ready quicker and put them on the airer it works well. Fewer items obviously dry faster. I also like using it in the half-way position, takes up less room and I can drape clothes on the three surfaces and also hang them on the back, touching several bars instead of just one. I definitely have been slower to turn the heaters on, based on having this available.

WherewasHonahLee Mon 21-Oct-13 13:26:40

Rattitude Did you get one from Aldi? I'm considering one as they're much smaller than the Lakeland ones. The Lakeland dryers look a bit more solid though...

Rattitude Mon 21-Oct-13 21:57:19

Wherewas, no, I didn't, sorry! I already have two clothes dryer (non-heated ones) which work for me, as I do a couple of washes per week max.

I can't remember spotting them in my local Aldi though.

QOD Mon 21-Oct-13 22:08:58

Mine arrived today from Lakeland, dh is decorating so I'll get it up tomorrow and see how we go!

Rattitude Tue 22-Oct-13 18:25:50

Wherewas, 2kidsintow got the Aldi one and seems impressed with it. She has a thread about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now