3D tv or not?

(9 Posts)
babasheep Sun 13-Oct-13 10:42:11

Simple question. We are going to buy a new tv but not sure whether it is worth to spend more money on a 3D one or not. Any comments from anyone who had bought 3D tv ...... are you happy that you did or you don't think much of it after all? Thanks

RustyBear Sun 13-Oct-13 10:55:33

The BBC are abandoning 3d for the moment - the Doctor Who anniversary special is the last one they will be making for at least 3 years, so you might find other programme makers following suit.

Methe Sun 13-Oct-13 11:00:04

We have a Samsung 3d TV and I can't recommend it enough! The picture is phenomenal both while watching standard tv and with the 3d. I wasn't bothered about the 3d initially and tbh can still take it of leave it but the kids love it and it is very clever. The glasses can be a bit of a pain if you wear glasses already.

If you do get one you must watch wreck it Ralph in 3d as it was incredible.

dexter73 Sun 13-Oct-13 12:35:56

We have a Samsung 3D TV too. I think it is really good for watching films.

babasheep Sun 13-Oct-13 15:16:53

thanks

It's a bit of a technological dead end. Apparently the thing to get into is Super Hi-Vision. HD on steroids.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 13-Oct-13 15:21:37

Isn't 3d bad for kids eyes? I know the 3ds is T recommended for wee people...

stargirl1701 Sun 13-Oct-13 15:25:13

No. It is unsuitable for under 7s. And, it makes me feel nauseated. Don't buy it! gringringrin

IHaveA Sun 13-Oct-13 15:28:24

We have a 3d samsung, it cost 3k 3 years ago and has since come down in price. It's something like this but not quite so big. The picture quality is phenomenal and make watching TV a real pleasure. Movie and sport are especially good.

We hardly ever watch the 3D. It's too much fussing around with the glasses and prefer the sharpness of the normal HD picture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now