Felt tip pen on a white rugby top!

(14 Posts)
nicename Sat 12-Oct-13 17:01:17

I've tried pre treatment Vanish and once through the wash (with an in-machine wash too). Its not faded a bit!

Is there any way to get the pen off?

PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 17:02:39

does it matter?

nicename Sat 12-Oct-13 17:21:30

No fine, I'll just send DS to rugby matches with a bright blue streak front down his white team shirt.

PervCat Sat 12-Oct-13 17:22:45

meh - mine wouldnt care, all play rugby

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Sat 12-Oct-13 17:23:21

It might be too late as you have used vanish and washed it... but try soaking it overnight (or as long as you can if he needs it for tomorrow) in milk, then wash it normally. When you take it out of the milk it wont look any different at all, but generally the ink will wash out.

nicename Sat 12-Oct-13 17:31:08

Its only two weeks old! I'd like things to stay presentable for at least a month before they get wrecked.

Sophiedotty Sun 13-Oct-13 10:09:51

I think methylated spirit might get it out but best to test in inconspicuous area. I think stain devils might do one for pen & ink. Maybe try that one first.

Sophiedotty Sun 13-Oct-13 10:11:31
nicename Sun 13-Oct-13 11:34:16

The added complication is that its a reversible one - dsrk blue on the other side so I'm worried about a huge white stain on the coloured side!

YDdraigGoch Sun 13-Oct-13 11:40:03

Try dabbing affected area with neat bleach and then rinse straight away.

nicename Sun 13-Oct-13 11:42:42

Will that not blob through and bleach the other side? The fabric is 'doubles' so its like a rugby top lined with white fabric for the 'other' side.

Normally I'd bleach it but this flippin reverse thing is a new one on me!

Sophiedotty Sun 13-Oct-13 12:53:29

I was always told if you use neat bleach it weakens the fabric & you end up with holes in it. I have tried it on just a white item before. If left too long the bleached area takes on a yellow tinge. I'd be wary using bleach if the other side is coloured. I'd only use an Oxy action vanish spray or soak in Napisan.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Sun 13-Oct-13 13:11:36

Did you even try the milk?

NoComet Sun 13-Oct-13 13:26:46

Alcohol is your best bet on pen, won't bother the coloured side at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now