bed linen

(7 Posts)
specialsubject Sat 12-Oct-13 19:41:11

clearly you don't need the ones in the loft, and unless it is very airy up there it isn't doing them any good. Sell/charity/give away.

two per bed should do, perhaps one extra for emergencies or a fast turnround of visitors.

NickNacks Sat 12-Oct-13 14:18:33

I have one for each bed only (ours, ds1, ds2, dd)

delasi Sat 12-Oct-13 14:16:30

We have... <counting> 4 sets for our bed (duvet, fitted sheet, 2 pillow cases). We have I think 4 extra pillow cases and 2 spare pillows, these are used by guests, they also use sleeping bags/blankets so no other linen.

Tbh I think my 4 sets are OTT, I bought all of them a few years ago when I worked in a department store. They were hugely discounted and then I got staff discount on top, so I thought it was great at the time. I'm only keeping them all as I intend to get a second bed at some point so some will become guest linen.

Nothing really matches, although some have pillow cases that match the duvet. I don't like sleeping in light coloured linen so at the time I just picked up anything that was dark/coloured, good quality and cheap grin I'll replace it eventually, but likelihood is it still won't be totally matching because I don't care dark linens are harder to come by.

BrownSauceSandwich Sat 12-Oct-13 12:40:02

We have two sets. No item matches anything else hmm

YomAsalYomBasal Sat 12-Oct-13 09:59:27

2 is enough. One on, one in the wash. When I had newborns I had 3 for the inevitable nighttime vomit/poo incident!

ILoveOnionRings Fri 11-Oct-13 22:11:23

I used to have 3 sets for our bed but have now decorated the bedroom so have 1 set that matches the room and the other 3 are spare. DS has 3 sets, all different but match his room.

Did have a big clear out and now use the other 8 duvet covers as dust sheets when painting. They easily mount up wink

paneer Fri 11-Oct-13 22:06:21

dull but I kind of need to know... how many sets do you have?

I have 2 sets (use one wash one) for DD. I have at least 4 for ... around another 5 in the loft hmm

its OTT right?

(none match the curtains or wall colouring ..)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now