Help me clean my bath jets!

(8 Posts)
chrisjones Sat 26-Oct-13 06:43:42

I also use chlorine tablets designed for spa baths...again run through occasionally after a bath, with the jets on

EnidB Mon 14-Oct-13 23:02:35

I use Milton, big bottle in a big bath

StUmbrageinSkelt Sat 12-Oct-13 10:14:42

No worries smile. I know it took me a while to figure out I needed a specific cleaner for it.

PlayedThePinkOboe Sat 12-Oct-13 10:10:18

Thank you! I don't know why I had a mental block on buying jacuzzi-specific cleaner, but I nipped out this morning and got some, have used it and it smells divine and also no nasty gunk during the rinsing. I will test it out this afternoon and see but I'm very hopeful that this has fixed the problem, so once again - thank you! smile

StUmbrageinSkelt Fri 11-Oct-13 15:35:56

We buy a cleaner specifically for the jacuzzi. I'm in Australia but I would assume such a product exists in other countries.

Yes it does
http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/jacuzzi%20cleaner/products

PlayedThePinkOboe Fri 11-Oct-13 15:31:46

Yes, I've let it bubble away for 20 mins and came back to find a wall of bubbles 6' high.

ceres Fri 11-Oct-13 15:02:29

this is probably a stupid question - are you turning the jets on once you have chucked the dishwasher tablets in?

I remember seeing the dishwasher tip on how clean is your house. I don't have a Jacuzzi bath myself though.

PlayedThePinkOboe Fri 11-Oct-13 14:14:03

We have a jacuzzi bath and when we moved in nearly 3 years ago the jets ran clear. These days they bubble up filth and stink. I've tried soaking with bleach, with dishwasher tablets but nothing seems to work.

Is the bath dead or is there some magic trick we've missed? Do the pipes come away for a good clean?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now