I am obsessed with hydrogen peroxide

(12 Posts)
rootypig Wed 09-Oct-13 23:58:22

Am using a solution as a bathroom and kitchen cleaner, and adding it to washing to get whites whiter. It is so cheap and apparently much less toxic than bleach.

Tell me what else I can do with it.

NotDead Thu 10-Oct-13 00:00:11

clear ear-wax

JustinBsMum Thu 10-Oct-13 00:03:13

Mix with bicarbonate of soda and peppermint essence and use as tooth bleach so you look like this grin

NotDead Thu 10-Oct-13 00:06:19

mouthwash
hair bleach

Where do you buy it? I haven't found it anywhere,

rootypig Thu 10-Oct-13 00:16:10

Ooh JustinB does it work on teeth? I have smoker's teeth. I am a bit scared of putting it in my mouth or bath despite being obsessed with it grin

Pig I am in the US so not helpful hmm But any old cheapo chemist / discount store. Health and beauty section.

NoComet Thu 10-Oct-13 00:51:50

Boots pharmacists (probably cheaper at a small independent)

I use it for removing blood stains, dippy teen DD, need I say more. It bubbles and is quite fun in a macabre sort of way.

rootypig Thu 10-Oct-13 00:59:43

Am totally going to bleed on something just to do that.

Anyone added it to their bath? I am scared of that too and not sure of the benefit but seems like a good way to clean it and me simultaneously grin.

BillyBanter Thu 10-Oct-13 01:05:32

If you have 3% solution you have to mix it with 3 parts water for mouthwash. If 6% then 6 parts water.

It tastes of nothing when you're gargling but distinctly odd afterwards.

Rockinhippy Thu 10-Oct-13 01:11:34

Soak the stain on a wee stained mattress & then sprinkle with bicarbonate of soda - leave over night - then Hoover - shiny clean, odourless, like new mattress smile

You buy it at the pharmacy counter of any chemist here, the smaller independents been cheaper

PigletJohn Thu 10-Oct-13 10:35:27

If you keep buying it, you may find the FBI snooping round, as it has other uses.

rootypig Thu 10-Oct-13 18:26:37

grin

Even I do not have enough wee and bloodstained garments to warrant a supply of H2O2 that would interest the Feds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now