This Dettol Laundry Sanitiser stuff....

(31 Posts)
AndyMurraysBalls Wed 09-Oct-13 07:38:59

Does it replace the usual washing powder/liguid/tabs or is it used alongside?

Does it smell like Dettol and does that smell transfer to clothes/bedding/towels etc?

I can't believe I'm interested in something so boring as laundry but there we go .....

Sleep404 Fri 11-Oct-13 20:02:08

There was a programme on yesterday, forget what it was called, which basically showed that soap and water were more effective at cleaning hands than the antibacterial foams and gels. I'm stretching, but I guess this applies to clothes as well. It's a waste of money and I say that as someone gullible enough to have bought some. I haven't noticed any difference in my wash since I started using it and will not be buying it again.

SanchoRocks Thu 30-Jan-14 17:44:21

Well - I'm still at a loss about which drawer you put the damn stuff in!confused, which I believe was the original topic posted on this thread...?...
As for being gullible - perhaps I am, but I don't want to wash my woolens at 90 degrees, or many of my other clothes for that matter, and as my job means regularly getting poo on me AND because guess what? - that thing about soap and water being better? - doesn't kill germs, just sluices them away if they're not entrenched and you have to dry properly... FACT!

So..... In with the wash, or instead of softener....?.....

OOAOML Thu 30-Jan-14 19:44:34

In the fabric softener drawer. I got some when my daughter had her appendix out and I got a bit germ-phobic about making sure she had ultra clean clothes and towels whilst her wounds were healing.

Mine smells a bit lavender.

averyyoungkitten Sat 01-Feb-14 18:24:02

I looked at this for smelly clothes where I cant get rid of the smell. In my case lightweight clothes that need a 40 wash. I saw the price ..... and then read here about using Zoflora ( different thread). Put a cap of Zoflora in instead and it did the trick.

Zoflora is only a �1, smells nice and since Dettol is �4.99 in the local Tesco supermarket no competition really ( and doesnt seem to be available everywhere as I cant get it in Asda, where I do my main shop)

crypes Sat 01-Feb-14 18:31:06

Zoflora is brilliant, I having been using it in my wash just because I'm not putting washing on line in this weather and it gives my wash a really nice , clean, zingy smell too it . I wash my floors with it diluted in steam cleaner and the smell lasts all day too.

averyyoungkitten Sat 01-Feb-14 18:44:27

Dont know why my � ( one pound) sign has come up as a question mark in a triangle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now