Oven is broken - do I need to replace or can it be fixed???

(6 Posts)
FlatCapAndAWhippet Sat 12-Oct-13 09:16:04

I'm with NannyR, sounds like the element has gone.

I replaced my own (always skint grin), purchased the part from e bay, 20 quid including postage, watched a video on youtube, done in half an hour.

Make sure you switch off the electricity at the mains first. smile

exexpat Tue 08-Oct-13 22:33:13

If you can hear the fan but the oven isn't heating up then yes, it probably just means the heating element is broken.

When mine did that, I checked in the manual which one I needed for my oven & ordered it online (not expensive), but then got an oven technician out to check that was the only thing wrong and to instal the element for me - that way I only paid one call-out fee, rather than getting him round to tell me that the element was broken and he'd have to order one, and come back in a few days to fix it.

NannyR Tue 08-Oct-13 22:30:13

Changing the element is a fairly easy job. I think my new one cost around £15 and took me about twenty minutes to fit. There are lots of videos on YouTube showing how to do it.

JellyQuivvers Tue 08-Oct-13 16:44:40

Good advice......I might check with my local friendly hardware store, they're usually quite helpful - thanks smile

DizziesMum Tue 08-Oct-13 16:24:30

I've had to replace the heater element on a previous Neff oven about three times. A lot cheaper than replacing the oven although I know a friendly electrician! I got the part from a local shop which just deals with spare parts rather than from Neff.

JellyQuivvers Tue 08-Oct-13 15:12:13

My (built-in) electric fan oven isn't working, grill seems to be absolutely fine, but when I put the fan assisted oven thingy on - nothing sad. Anyone know if this is a fixable problem (v skint at the moment, so really, really hoping this might be the case) or not?? It's about 6 years old.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now