Dehumidifier recommendations pls!

(11 Posts)
PigletJohn Sat 02-Nov-13 23:47:12

You'd better change it for an extractor that works, then.

lifesgreatquestions Sat 02-Nov-13 23:45:50

We have an extractor fan in the bathroom and it does nothing. We also have a very old dehumidifier, I pull it our now and then, house seems damp at change of seasons, makes all the difference. Enjoy yours op!

BadRoly Wed 30-Oct-13 18:56:36

Bumping because I'm looking at getting one - we have a bathroom extractor already which does its job well.

Unfortunately it is not upto sorting the rest of the house. We have high ceilings and 5beds so it needs to be big.

Our house is about 100 years old with wooden sash windows that can't be left open (no way of locking them) assuming they haven't swollen shut because of the Cornish rain wink. However none of the windows really fit the holes so ventilation isn't a huge concern.

So I am on the verge of getting an Ebac 2850e. BUT is this the best solution or should I be looking at one of these loft air transfer systems?!

PigletJohn Sun 20-Oct-13 22:01:28

a bathroom extractor fan costs £10 to £25, and runs for 50 hours on 14p worth of electricity.

How does that compare with the dehumidifier?

starrystarrynights Sun 20-Oct-13 17:41:04

Thanks everyone. I bought the Ebac one and it's brilliant!

addictedtolatte Wed 16-Oct-13 13:34:07

I have argos own make one and it's brill it cost £95 and it got the best reviews. It's great for when your wallpapering or painting as well it dries in no time :-)

Housewife2010 Wed 16-Oct-13 13:13:38

We've had this one for the last year & are happy with it. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000UVPOUA/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

iHeartTheoJames Mon 14-Oct-13 11:50:18
Ezza1 Wed 25-Sep-13 06:23:09

Bumping and watching with interest as I need a dehumidifier but don't know where to start!

TheHattifattenersBarometer Sun 22-Sep-13 17:03:13

I have an ebac (2000 series), it's changed the house, the damp smell has gone. It has the added benefit that it drys my washing quickly too (not towels, they go in the dryer).

I empty the tank once a day or so depending how much washing I'm doing.

starrystarrynights Sun 22-Sep-13 12:26:03

We are needing a dehumidifier - we don't have an extractor fan in the bathroom and although we open the windows for ages afterwards, the bathroom just doesn't feel 'fresh at the moment.

Also now that the weather has turned washing is talking an age to dry indoors. We do have a tumble dryer but not all of our clothes can be tumble dried and I hate to have washing hanging around for over a day.

I've heard people on MN recommend Delonghi, Ebac and Mitsubishi - it would be good to know which models please as there are loads on Amazon smile

Also what's a desiccant dehumidifier and would one of these be better?

Many thanks in advance smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now