Unfuck my habitat

(947 Posts)
GibberTheMonkey Fri 06-Sep-13 15:48:58

Do we have a thread already?
The prissy fly lady lot do wink
Anyone want to join me?

13loki Fri 11-Jul-14 22:10:17

I put some washing on today. It is in the machine. I should go put it in the dryer, but it is downstairs.

BOFster Argentina Fri 11-Jul-14 18:38:57

I notice I was on this thread last year grin. That would explain a lot...

Must start this again...

AdoraBell Chile Fri 11-Jul-14 18:02:38

Vacuuming done, more fuckimg laundry yesterday, dishwaher and breakfast things done, school library books taken to school because DDs forgot themhmm

School winter hols start in 25 minutes.

I may be some time.

AdoraBell Chile Thu 10-Jul-14 00:38:31

Pesky little geniuses, ain't they Loki? Glad you had such a lovely time on hols.

Today's unfucking doesn't amount to much.

Family fed and kicked out for school/work,
Showered in peace and washed my hair, even took time to dry it <swishes hair>
Wasted time on YouTube
Test drove a car to give DH my seal of approval, his need not mine
Had a lovely lunch with DH
Swung by school to collect DDs
Vacuumed muddy paw prints off carpet <looks sideways at canine culprit>
Fed dogs
Quick clear up and dishwasher on
Currently waiting for DDs' dinner to bake, stuffed peppers, DH and I only need a sarnie each.

Tomorrow I need to crack on before the dust builds uphmm

13loki Wed 09-Jul-14 09:14:37

She's 7 months now. After Florida DH and I took our kids to DC then New York, where we met up with my family again for a picnic in Central Park. We also met up with DSs best friend who moved back to NY last year.

Off today to look at inset fireplaces to replace our broken one before winter. And buy yet another baby gate as DD has discovered she can remove the edging on the hallway floor.

Mumof3xox Mon 07-Jul-14 18:53:01

That sounds a lovely holiday! How old is baby?

13loki Mon 07-Jul-14 18:42:41

The big garden is unfucked. I thought the washing from nearly 4 weeks away was unfucked, but DH hadn't finished unpacking it! All the wild strawberries between my house and the lake have been unfucked into DDs tummy.

I still need a chest of drawers for my bedroom. Sending DH back to IKEA to procure some. Just got a filing cabinet, so tomorrow will be unfucking paperwork (2 years worth).

Holiday was lovely. My parents paid for me and my sisters and all our families to fly to the US and stay in Florida for a week and a half together. They all met the baby.

Mumof3xox Mon 07-Jul-14 07:54:02

Unfucked

Kids all up fed and dressed
Last nights pot
This mornings pots
Bin emptied
Recycling out
Work tops wiped
Kitchen swept
Sink cleaned

AdoraBell Chile Sun 06-Jul-14 23:37:17

Unfucked so far, all the washing, 4 loads plus two lots of hand washing. Most still slightly damp so arranged around the house finishing off.

Meal planned for the coming week
Sorted DD2's feet out, she keeps cutting toe nails too short and getting ingrown nails, needed anti-biotics a few months ago.
Harried both to tidy their bloody rooms upangry

DH has unfacked such things as gutters, camping gear I fucking hate camping trellis and other things out there. I've left him to feed the dogs coz I've done it all bloody week.

Now I need to unfuck dinner and pack leftovers for packed lunches, sandwiches are done for DDs' snacks.

Tomorrow I plan to unfuck picking the lavender we have and making lavender oil and water. Never done it before but that YouTube thingy assures me it's easy.

Mumof3xox Sun 06-Jul-14 07:27:05

Yay
Let's unfuck!

AdoraBell Chile Sun 06-Jul-14 03:04:57

You dropped off my threads listshock

Gotta do some unfucking tomoz, DDs had a sleepover last night and we've been out today.

Tomorrow's unfucking list is like this,

Laundry
Vacuum & dust <sneezes>, yep the dusting really needs doing
Nuke kitchen and my bathroom, bloody ants have infiltrated again as t'is turned cold out
Wash dogs if it's warm enough out, full sun forecast but unly 16 degrees C
General food and shit like that.

Hope you had a great time Loki

13loki Thu 03-Jul-14 23:51:28

Shit. No wonder my habitat is fucked. April! Well, I am back from Orlando, DC and NYC and ready to sleep start unfucking.

Mumof3xox Wed 25-Jun-14 10:10:39

I neeeeeed this fucking thread back!

Anyone else

AdoraBell Chile Sat 12-Apr-14 03:32:02

Sofa's clean grin

Also unfucked today,

Washing, DD2 put it on, I put it out and brought it back in
My hand washing
Taxi service for DDs
Dogs dealt with
Friend's cacti put in the garage to stop dogs destroying them, will deliver tomorrow.
Stitched buttons on 2 shirts of mine, few more to go.
Just put dishy on

Still fucked, equestrian centre, Pilates, ironing, DD1's tidying up, their laundry.

AdoraBell Chile Thu 10-Apr-14 16:33:25

So Loki, how's the catering going?

I found I couldn't vacuum upstairs yesterday as it's knee deep in DD's fucking detritus. Again.

This morning I have unfucked the following

Scoured the house for socks, not something I normally do but needed enough to make it worth running the washing machine.

Washed socks and undies
Dishy emtpied and reloaded with hob rack things.
Hob thoroughly cleaned and degreased
Caught up on MN and eaten a fried egg in toast for brekkies

Later I need to unfuck getting 5 cacti over to a friend's, handwash my delicates, stitch a few buttons on and do a meal plan for next week.

Disclaimer, detritus may not actually knee deep, and it's 95% DD1's. DD2 is still a neat freak, but she's not 13 yet, there's still time for her to metemorphosise in a Kevlara.

AdoraBell Chile Wed 09-Apr-14 14:26:14

Loki I do hope the washing isn't going to eat into baby kissing and tickling time.

Not a lot done the last few days but today will be impressive grin, there's laundry to be done, beds to strip, kitchen to sort, towels from yesterday's washing to be put away, dusting and finally vacuuming. That's inside. Dog pen needs a good old soaking with disinfectant and the dogs really could do with a shower but that may be delayed until tomorrow.

I'll get cracking after I've had another cuppa. I may actually get to the equestrian centre later too, maybe.

13loki Wed 09-Apr-14 11:12:37

Yesterday was a massive unfuck! Did an imperial fuckton of unfucking (as imperial is bigger than metric). I
*went to IKEA and bought a cot, a high chair and a coat rack to be a towel stand for the downstairs shower. WITH A BABY
*went and picked up strawberry jam (yuck) and a phone for the inlaws)
*assembled all my IKEA purchases
*fed the family
*did a load of washing

I am refusing to do extra unfucking just because in-laws have invited themselves to our house.

Today I have
kissed the baby
tickled the baby
eaten lunch
drank way too much coffee.

I will do some washing and umm, yeah, that's it.

MrsNouveauRichards Tue 08-Apr-14 11:39:54

TUESDAY UNFUCK

DONE
Everyone up, fed and dressed
Dishy
Sheets hung on line
Car play mat in machine
Kids 'helpful chart' introduced successfully
Sitting room tidied and hoovered
Played trains with DS
Played Pottermore with DD
Had coffee

STILL TO UNFUCK
Car mat to hang out
Folding of clean laundry
Lunch
Make beds
Shopping list and meal plan
Shopping
Horses
Early dinner and bed for all

MrsNouveauRichards Tue 08-Apr-14 08:40:28

TUESDAY UNFUCK

Get lazy arse out of bed
Get dressed
Make beds
Kids dressed
Set up 'helpful kids' chart (my evilly genius plan to get them to help me out a bit, with the reward being the Frozen DVD )
Dishy
Hang washing out on line (dry, sunny and windy!)
Continue attacking laundry mountain, or mount washmore as it is also known
Write meal plan/shopping list
Lunch
Do shopping
Horses
Early dinner and bed for everyone

BONUS UNFUCK
Attack any invisible corners
Hoover downstairs
Put clean laundry away

drspouse Mon 07-Apr-14 11:15:14

Monday skiving working from home:

Hang up nappies
Wash on, hang up
Chop up stew to go in slow cooker tomorrow
Iron warm weather clothes for work trip next week

3DcAndMe Mon 07-Apr-14 09:51:08

Monday unfucking -

Pots
Pets
Rubbish out
Clear crap off work tops
Sweep stairs
Sweep kitchen
Mop
Hoover living room
Sort coats on porch

MrsNouveauRichards Mon 07-Apr-14 08:19:13

Yesterday was pretty productive.

Unfucked (Sunday)
Toy corner of doom in the sitting room
Bathroom (DH)
Kitchen (DH)
Laundry - in progress
Find a home for all the puzzles and games unfucked from toy corner of doom ( thank you Billy bookcase!)
Put laundry away - in progress

Quiet day in today, first official day of the Easter hols, and it's raining all day, so a lounging around day is in order.

UNFUCK MONDAY
Get Dishy on
Laundry
Make beds
Put some laundry away
Sort out outgrown kids clothes
If feeling enthusiastic, do side table of doom

WannaBeMarryPoppins Sun 06-Apr-14 13:52:14

My flats disgusting at the moment and there's no good excuse. I'm out for most of the day so it should be easy to keep clean.

Just found this thread and the website. I like the look of the weekend challenge. Might give that a go.

MrsNouveauRichards Sun 06-Apr-14 11:12:53

Also need to do a load of unfucking today. Rare occurrence that DH is actually here too, so hopefully the jobs won't take too long.

Unfuck my Sunday list:
Unfuck the 'toy corner' in the sitting room
Unfuck dining table
Laundry (always) DS had to wear pyjama bottoms yesterday as I had completely run out of clean trousers for him. I like to think we come across as charmingly bohemian, but likely we look like tramps grin
Sitting room side table

That'll do

3DcAndMe Sun 06-Apr-14 09:04:20

Right

I am going to live on this thread today and Use it as my motivation to clean my minging house!

(Nced by the way was mumof3xx)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now