Anyone want to join me?

AdoraBell Sat 12-Apr-14 03:32:02

Sofa's clean grin

Also unfucked today,

Washing, DD2 put it on, I put it out and brought it back in
My hand washing
Taxi service for DDs
Dogs dealt with
Friend's cacti put in the garage to stop dogs destroying them, will deliver tomorrow.
Stitched buttons on 2 shirts of mine, few more to go.
Just put dishy on

Still fucked, equestrian centre, Pilates, ironing, DD1's tidying up, their laundry.

AdoraBell Thu 10-Apr-14 16:33:25

So Loki, how's the catering going?

I found I couldn't vacuum upstairs yesterday as it's knee deep in DD's fucking detritus. Again.

This morning I have unfucked the following

Scoured the house for socks, not something I normally do but needed enough to make it worth running the washing machine.

Washed socks and undies
Dishy emtpied and reloaded with hob rack things.
Hob thoroughly cleaned and degreased
Caught up on MN and eaten a fried egg in toast for brekkies

Later I need to unfuck getting 5 cacti over to a friend's, handwash my delicates, stitch a few buttons on and do a meal plan for next week.

Disclaimer, detritus may not actually knee deep, and it's 95% DD1's. DD2 is still a neat freak, but she's not 13 yet, there's still time for her to metemorphosise in a Kevlara.

AdoraBell Wed 09-Apr-14 14:26:14

Loki I do hope the washing isn't going to eat into baby kissing and tickling time.

Not a lot done the last few days but today will be impressive grin, there's laundry to be done, beds to strip, kitchen to sort, towels from yesterday's washing to be put away, dusting and finally vacuuming. That's inside. Dog pen needs a good old soaking with disinfectant and the dogs really could do with a shower but that may be delayed until tomorrow.

I'll get cracking after I've had another cuppa. I may actually get to the equestrian centre later too, maybe.

13loki Wed 09-Apr-14 11:12:37

Yesterday was a massive unfuck! Did an imperial fuckton of unfucking (as imperial is bigger than metric). I
*went to IKEA and bought a cot, a high chair and a coat rack to be a towel stand for the downstairs shower. WITH A BABY
*went and picked up strawberry jam (yuck) and a phone for the inlaws)
*assembled all my IKEA purchases
*fed the family
*did a load of washing

I am refusing to do extra unfucking just because in-laws have invited themselves to our house.

Today I have
kissed the baby
tickled the baby
eaten lunch
drank way too much coffee.

I will do some washing and umm, yeah, that's it.

MrsNouveauRichards Tue 08-Apr-14 11:39:54

TUESDAY UNFUCK

DONE
Everyone up, fed and dressed
Dishy
Sheets hung on line
Car play mat in machine
Kids 'helpful chart' introduced successfully
Sitting room tidied and hoovered
Played trains with DS
Played Pottermore with DD
Had coffee

STILL TO UNFUCK
Car mat to hang out
Folding of clean laundry
Lunch
Make beds
Shopping list and meal plan
Shopping
Horses
Early dinner and bed for all

MrsNouveauRichards Tue 08-Apr-14 08:40:28

TUESDAY UNFUCK

Get lazy arse out of bed
Get dressed
Make beds
Kids dressed
Set up 'helpful kids' chart (my evilly genius plan to get them to help me out a bit, with the reward being the Frozen DVD )
Dishy
Hang washing out on line (dry, sunny and windy!)
Continue attacking laundry mountain, or mount washmore as it is also known
Write meal plan/shopping list
Lunch
Do shopping
Horses
Early dinner and bed for everyone

BONUS UNFUCK
Attack any invisible corners
Hoover downstairs
Put clean laundry away

drspouse Mon 07-Apr-14 11:15:14

Monday skiving working from home:

Hang up nappies
Wash on, hang up
Chop up stew to go in slow cooker tomorrow
Iron warm weather clothes for work trip next week

3DcAndMe Mon 07-Apr-14 09:51:08

Monday unfucking -

Pots
Pets
Rubbish out
Clear crap off work tops
Sweep stairs
Sweep kitchen
Mop
Hoover living room
Sort coats on porch

MrsNouveauRichards Mon 07-Apr-14 08:19:13

Yesterday was pretty productive.

Unfucked (Sunday)
Toy corner of doom in the sitting room
Bathroom (DH)
Kitchen (DH)
Laundry - in progress
Find a home for all the puzzles and games unfucked from toy corner of doom ( thank you Billy bookcase!)
Put laundry away - in progress

Quiet day in today, first official day of the Easter hols, and it's raining all day, so a lounging around day is in order.

UNFUCK MONDAY
Get Dishy on
Laundry
Make beds
Put some laundry away
Sort out outgrown kids clothes
If feeling enthusiastic, do side table of doom

WannaBeMarryPoppins Sun 06-Apr-14 13:52:14

My flats disgusting at the moment and there's no good excuse. I'm out for most of the day so it should be easy to keep clean.

Just found this thread and the website. I like the look of the weekend challenge. Might give that a go.

MrsNouveauRichards Sun 06-Apr-14 11:12:53

Also need to do a load of unfucking today. Rare occurrence that DH is actually here too, so hopefully the jobs won't take too long.

Unfuck my Sunday list:
Unfuck the 'toy corner' in the sitting room
Unfuck dining table
Laundry (always) DS had to wear pyjama bottoms yesterday as I had completely run out of clean trousers for him. I like to think we come across as charmingly bohemian, but likely we look like tramps grin
Sitting room side table

That'll do

3DcAndMe Sun 06-Apr-14 09:04:20

Right

I am going to live on this thread today and Use it as my motivation to clean my minging house!

(Nced by the way was mumof3xx)

13loki Sun 06-Apr-14 07:25:28

Took a load of cardboard to the recycling centre on Friday (luckily next door to pizza shop, multitasking dinner preparation.) I put the back row of seats down in my grand voyager and filled the back, but you still can't move in the garage for all the cardboard in there.

In-laws come on Friday. I cried yesterday because they won't eat a single meal on our usual meal plan.

I have washing in the machine from yesterday. DH said he was going ro tidy downstairs while playing minecraft with DS. So far, lots of playing.

AdoraBell Sun 06-Apr-14 02:38:26

Dog pen cleaned and garden thoroughly cleared, outside of house sprayed with poison after I spotted ants going in the tiny holes where house meets garden, lettuce and chili seeds roughly dropped into pots, food all round, kitchen floor swept and mopped, dishy on, towels washed - all unfuckedgrin

Didn't remember to bring the dry towels in before it got dark, meh, and dogs need sorting for the night.

Hope everyone is well.

drspouse Fri 04-Apr-14 08:49:00

Day off today, despite being seriously unproductive at work this week I'm desperately in need of it. I'm washing some fabric for sewing, need to make sure my mum can actually get into the spare room, and put on a stew for tonight.

MrsNouveauRichards Fri 04-Apr-14 08:06:18

Thanks. All the stuff got moved and put away yesterday, need to sort out one stable and the field fencing on Saturday and then they move!

Today is a relatively quiet day. Need to get kids to school, do horses, do some unfucking of laundry, do some baking, get chilli into slow cooker. Could do with more sleep though!

AdoraBell Thu 03-Apr-14 22:15:29

My DH told me he was alérgic To rice when we met, apparently a faith healer had told him sogrin. I wasn't fussed so didn't cook it úntil I noticed that he had no problem with the rice from the Indian take awayhmm His gluten thing is genuino though, looks 9 months pregnant and grey in the skin if he eats the wrong things. He's learning what not To eat when he's out.

Laundry done here Today, not a lot of it, kinda meal planned based on the freezer contents. Washed dogs and their pen. Not a lot else though, doing the four dogs gives me back ache even though they don't struggle.

Hope the move goes Well and the horses are happy with their new place.

MrsNouveauRichards Thu 03-Apr-14 07:23:37

Rant away!

I'm another who would bend over backwards for someone with genuine issues but fussy people can go Fuck themselves! There are lots of things I don't like, lamb for example, but I would just have all the other bits but not have the lamb and be happy with that. My BIL has IBS has struggles with lots of foods, but they will have a Chinese and go out for a fry up every weekend, so my sympathy is limited grin

Did a fair bit of unfucking yesterday, got shitloads to do today as our horses are moving house on Saturday, I just kind of want it over and done with now!

AdoraBell Thu 03-Apr-14 04:03:24

Oh yes, I took all my recycling with me Today. Then brought it backhmm

I also don't mind catering for people with genuino food issues, who don't want To dictate what everyone else eats, but people who are fussy for the sake of it are annoying. I don't like annoying.

I'm Lucky in that my DH doesn't often snore, but if he does I gently pinch his nose úntil he breathes properly.

Hope you Get some decent sleep. I'm off To Bed now too, need To be up for school run. Lunches are sorted and just need To make sandwiches in the morning for their snacks.

13loki Thu 03-Apr-14 03:43:24

Glad your house is OK adora

Today I am loading up the car with all the cardboard that is in the garage and driving to the recycling centre to dump it.

I really am nicer than my rants suggest. I even quite like the un-laws when they are on the other side of the world and I do cook sowcual meals for special diets, a vegan at work loved when it was my turn to bake fika, I always baked at least half vegan so he could join in smile

Todays list
Washing
Recycling
remove storage unit from futility room
Clean the pram storage room (to become sewing room)
Wake up DH so he stops fucking snoring so I can go back to sleep now I have finished feeding the baby.

AdoraBell Thu 03-Apr-14 03:35:08

Coffe and cheesecake sounds like a good idea, there's a place here that does a fabulous white chocolate cheesecake topped with blueberries grin.

AdoraBell Thu 03-Apr-14 03:32:19

Totally agree Loki t'is fucking rude and ever so childish.

So, I had myself a day just being out and mooching round town úntil I felt like comíng home plañed. Then DH called me in a pánico coz there was an earthquake yesterday evening. Now, given the magnitude, 8.8, our house should have been shaking like a good 'un, but we felt nada. Not even the dust on top of the bookcases and doors, and picture frames was disturbed. This is very fucking strange indeed. Anyway, once I'd got To town I had a peek at BBC on me phone and realised that peeps back in UK would be wondering if we are dead or alive, so I quickly did my few errands then came back To email everyone.

Tomorrow there is a presentación at DDs school then I'll be back here To do all the things I CBA To do Today.

13loki Wed 02-Apr-14 13:36:04

Hope everyone had a good night sleep. Today I have driven ti town to get DDs car seat- DH "forgot" he is working late, so I didn't arqnge late after school care, so I have to drive down with the girls to get DS this afternoon. DH drove off this morning after waking me to tell me DD1 stayed in her own bed over night- I fucking know, I spent an hour returning her to her own bed with her ficking car seat. So I went to IKEA for coffee and a chocolate cheesecake muffin. Accidentally bought a rug. Didn't get the cot I need, or the highchair.

The new fucking rug is 2cm too long. I will have to unscrew the storage unit in the futility room why the fuck did they screw it to the fucking floor? and loosely rescrew it over the rug.

I would happily do MIL special food if she needed it, but the list of demands is ridiculous. Doesn't eat vegetables, cheese, pasta, cooked tomato, pretty much anything other than a slab of dead cow, boiled potatoes and fried onion, with gravy in winter and salad leaves and cherry tomatoes in summer. But I'm the one who is being ridiculous and rude when I say that people eating in my home with my children will be given vegetables and be expected to give each a proper taste or they will not get dessert. Can't Get takeaway because we only have a pizza shop in the village, and she won't eat it. I refuse to cook a different meal and think it's fucking rude to mutte "I'll boil myself an egg then" and then act like it's OK to not eat what you are fucking given, especually when you have invited yourself.

drspouse Tue 01-Apr-14 21:58:00

Have just found this and am bookmarking!

AdoraBell Tue 01-Apr-14 21:49:16

Hope you feel better after a good nigth's sleep MrsNouveau, glad you had a good time at the event.

I have To Go and Get DD from a classmate's, local, they're working. Then we'll eat. Dunno what To do with Chicken drumsticks, bored brain is giving no fucking helphmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now