Mixing soiled baby clothes with other laundry?

(27 Posts)
Peregrin Sun 01-Sep-13 15:21:45

First baby not yet arrived, but I am trying to sort out routines in advance. We won't have enough babygros/vests to fill a whole laundry drum at a time and I would be loath to run the washing machine for the sake of a handful of small pieces of cloth.

What do you wash together with badly soiled baby clothes - I imagine there will be plenty of poonamis and sick accidents? Do you chuck them in with cloth nappies if you use those, do you just add them to the adult laundry?

Helliecopter Mon 09-Sep-13 20:33:14

Another lazy one here.
I just rinse the worst of the poo off and soak until I've got a load ready. Sometimes I put a bit of Vanish on it. Tends to work fine and we don't have loads of stained stuff so it must be doing the job. We're never ill so I think it gets clean!

Zara1984 Mon 09-Sep-13 20:39:57

Rinse lumps off, chuck in machine. If really stained soak in Napisan/Vanish. I've used biological liquid and regular stain remover - even bleach! since day 1 with DS and it's been fine. You don't have to use sensitive stuff unless baby has a reaction.

Poo stained ones would get put in a 60 degree wash usually

Lack of laundry will not be an issue grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now