New washing machine

(29 Posts)

Following on from my thrilling thread yesterday, I now need a new washing machine. Last time I wandered around Currys and just went - that'll do.

This time I am choosing properly. So what do I want?

Do 8kg drums actually cope with a heavier load? Do they have quicker washes these days - my old 40 cycle took 2 hrs shock

Do I need at least 1400 spin? Anything else to consider? Budget is more Aldi than Waitrose.

It is spookily quiet.

This 40deg cottons cycle is going to take 3 hours shock

PigletJohn Wed 11-Sep-13 12:08:59

Has it got a quick wash option?

Cooler washes are often slower than hotter ones, because cool water does not wash so well.

Cotton will stand a hot wash which will also keep the machine cleaner as it dissolves soap better.

it has got a thirty minutes quick wash but I have a week's worth of washing to catch up with that needs washing properlysmile turned the spin down to 1200 and it's not come out very wet so I am pleased so far.
delivery side was fab, had email last night with one hr delivery slot and a phone call ten minutes before it arrived this am way too early at 0800

PigletJohn Wed 11-Sep-13 14:14:14

you may find that a 60C cotton wash is faster than a 40C cotton, and will be great for whites and towels.

but prob to hot for polycottons or synthetics

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now