Dog diarrhoea on wool rug

(13 Posts)
Weelady77 Sun 25-Aug-13 21:46:50

My son gave my dog spaghetti Bol and it had red runs all over my brand new cream new wool carpet I had to get a professional cleaner in to clean it as wool is different from normal carpets/rugs but I don't know how!!

BrownSauceSandwich Sat 24-Aug-13 15:36:47

Bin the rug and skin the dog instead.

Our beloved hound sees rugs as her mortal enemy... They cannot be suffered to live. The few rugs we still have are pretty sad looking.

HollaAtMeBaby Sat 24-Aug-13 10:02:05

Bin it. Disgusting!

OverTheFieldsAndFarAway Fri 23-Aug-13 10:46:44

It was a carpet cleaning machine that the rug knackered. Zola is right about the temperature. I'd just get rid of it.

ZolaBuddleia Fri 23-Aug-13 10:30:11

I knackered a machine washing a chenille-type throw, the fibres came off.

Also, wouldn't the low temperature needed for a wool wash mean that the dog diarrhoea germs would still be in it?

LifeofPo Fri 23-Aug-13 10:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OverTheFieldsAndFarAway Fri 23-Aug-13 10:24:34

Because of the amount of fibre loss during the wash. Wool rugs are not meant to be washed. I bought a machine to freshen up a wool rug, it knackered the machine after one go.

ClaimedByMe Fri 23-Aug-13 10:21:57

Put it in a duvet cover so if it does fall to bits, it will be contained, I wash everything in the washing machine as long as its a gentle wash I think it will be fine.

breadandhoney Fri 23-Aug-13 10:19:13

Oh no. I've already had one rug ruined by cat wee a couple of months ago. How do you think it could wreck my washing machine? Any other ideas of how to clean it besides the machine? If there is no other option I am tempted to throw it in to see how it turns out but not at the cost of my washing machine!

ClaimedByMe Fri 23-Aug-13 10:11:28

I would stuff it on a wool wash, whats the worst that can happen, it already sounds ruined, I would dry it outside though, wool does sometimes smell a bit when its wet.

LifeofPo Fri 23-Aug-13 10:09:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OverTheFieldsAndFarAway Fri 23-Aug-13 10:05:33

I think at best the rug would ruined, at worst you might kill your washing machine.

breadandhoney Fri 23-Aug-13 10:01:36

What would happen if I put it in the washing machine? It should fit. It's just a runner. I have cleaned it to the best of my ability but there are still stains and it still smells and is clearly still riddled with germs. With a baby and toddler I obviously want it as clean as possible.

Would it shrink/ruin on a gentle cycle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now