Steam mop / cleaner recommendations please

(4 Posts)
SimplyRedHead Fri 23-Aug-13 09:28:38

Hi all

Apologies if this has been done to death- I've had a search of previous threads but they all seem pretty old.

I am looking for a good steam mop / cleaner which will do my tiled / wooden floors. If it has a little attachment for taps / cooker etc then that's a bonus but not essential.

I have neck problems so need something light and my
floors are FILTHY so it needs to be hard wearing.

We only have one low income so can't afford a fancy pants one - I'm aiming for under £50.

Can anyone help please?

valiumredhead Fri 23-Aug-13 09:40:10

I tried the pound stretcher one and the vax one, both got returned. I found the vax one really heavy. Both just seemed to make the the floor wet and damp and push dirt into corners.

I was really underwhelmed. They made my microfibre Lakeland mop look amazinggrin

Haveanotherbiscuit Fri 23-Aug-13 17:31:00

I've just bought a polti one from the amazon reviews. Not used it yet though

StuckOnARollercoaster Fri 23-Aug-13 17:33:49

Its out of your budget but I got this on Monday and I already love it.
I don't think you'll get a combination one for less than £50 - you can either get a handheld with all the bits or a floor mop one, to get both in the one item I think you may have to pay a bit more, unless anyone else can find you something.
I can't vouch for how long it will last and there are 2 things that let it down - as a mop its made of sections so doesn't feel massively robust, and you have to empty the tank half an hour after you've turned it off which is a bit of a faff, but the pressure it gives out knocks the socks off my previous mop style steam cleaner.
(I'm already a fan of steam cleaners so I'm aware that they are just blasting and disinfecting an area - if its dirty you will still need a cloth or mop head that will gather up the dirt)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now