Stickers on windows... Help!

(10 Posts)
MissOtisRegretsMadam Fri 23-Aug-13 09:14:41

Any tips for removing stickers from windows?? Tried hot soapy water and a scourer but worried about scratching the glass.

MissOtisRegretsMadam Fri 23-Aug-13 09:16:50

Posted too quick! They are clear football type stickers... Some of them chipped off when they were dry like paint but the others are stuck fast! It's for my babies new bedroom and they look awful...

lostblonde86 Fri 23-Aug-13 10:21:18

Have you tried nail varnish remover?

wonkylegs Fri 23-Aug-13 12:42:45

WD40 - spray and leave to soak in edges (best to put some kitchen towel on window sill first to mop up any drips) then use a stanley blade very carefully to slide under & remove sticker.
Then was window with hot soapy water to remove greasy coating
It's a bit if a faff but works well to remove stubborn stickers without scratching.

ticolac Fri 23-Aug-13 12:45:03

Have also used WD40 to remove sticky residue from brown parcel tape after a house move. Sprayed it and left it for a few mins then scrubbed with hot soapy water.

DwellsUndertheSink Fri 23-Aug-13 12:53:56

brasso. WOrks a treat.

FreshWest Fri 23-Aug-13 13:46:05

I saw a tip on Kim & Aggie once where they used mayonnaise to remove stickers. It was on wood so not sure if that would work on glass. May be worth a go though smile

monikar Fri 23-Aug-13 14:21:49

Use cooking oil - pour a small amount onto some kitchen paper so it is 'resting on the surface' and then transfer this to the sticky labels. The oil will break down the glue, and then you can pick off the stickers. It sounds mad but it does work smile .

Haveanotherbiscuit Fri 23-Aug-13 17:29:58

Sticky stuff remover from asda. Gets any stickers off. It's brilliant

MissOtisRegretsMadam Fri 23-Aug-13 17:39:39

Wow loads to try! I'm going to do cooking oil first and then try wd40... No mayo or nail polish remover in the house which is odd for me. Thanks people'! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now