Can anyone recommend a good integrated dishwasher, not too £££;?

(14 Posts)
PigletJohn Fri 23-Aug-13 00:38:32

once you have removed the kickplate, and unscrewed the old appliance, measure the gap it leaves. If it is 600mm wide then a freestanding appliance will fit. You will cut the kickplate as it will no longer be necessary, unless you want an extra obstacle.

LIZS Thu 22-Aug-13 14:14:25

I agree with you PJ but unfortunately our predecessors designed an integrated kitchen and the appliances are coming to end of their lifespan Still recovering from a £700 basic f/f which cost £100 to fit ! d/w was on its last legs but is functioning ok again for now confused

PigletJohn Thu 22-Aug-13 11:35:02

I'm not keen on Integrated appliances. They cost more for the same quality, are more trouble to install, and far harder to pull out if they need repair or you have a leak. Does their extra beauty compensate for that?

Push-in for me.

Jacaqueen Thu 22-Aug-13 10:28:07

I am also looking for an integrated dishwasher.

I can't decide if I should go all out for a Miele, this would mean making cutbacks else where. Or go for something cheaper which may not last and end up being more expensive in the long run.

krisskross Tue 20-Aug-13 22:43:15

When our old one broke the repair man said next time get a Bosch or Neff.....dh read which? And they recommended a siemens one.....it's bloody awful, never cleans anything properly....so don't get Siemens even if it's on which.

Pannacotta Tue 20-Aug-13 19:46:19

Thanks all perhaps I will stick with Bosch, there is a basic one for £350 with fewer controls so might plump for that.

chickensaladagain Tue 20-Aug-13 18:42:13

I've had a Bosch dishwasher in daily use for 9 years, I don't look after it but its still going strong

Quite a long cycle though

jennycoast Tue 20-Aug-13 18:39:15

We have an integrated Bosch one. It is so quiet that sometimes we open it, not noticing it is still on. No complaints or problems at all, and it is 4 years old now.

Pennies Tue 20-Aug-13 18:37:15

Do not under any circumstances buy a Neff. We had one in a house we rented and it was awful. It kept getting blocked and despite rinsing the plates etc before I put them in the filter got blocked about once or twice a week. When I moved house and the next one had one too I hoped I'd just had a dud, but this one is probably worse. Same problem with the filter, plus it often doesn't ever finish a cycle and has been known to run ALL NIGHT!! I loathe it with a passion and clicked on this thread so I could see what other people recommended.

Mintyy Tue 20-Aug-13 18:33:29

I'm on my 3rd or 4th dishwasher. I've had a John Lewis, a Hotpoint and a can't remember.

My current is an integrated Aeg and am very happy with it. Its lovely and quiet!

Suzieismyname Tue 20-Aug-13 18:30:41

I asked the man who repaired our washer for advice on new appliances. He said good brand like bosch but keep it low spec. Keep electric controls to a minimum because they can cost nearly as much to replace as a new appliance.

Pannacotta Tue 20-Aug-13 18:17:12

Oh didn't realise that!
There is a BEKO model on the Which best buys for a bit less money, has anyone got one of these?

LIZS Tue 20-Aug-13 16:36:50

Aren't Neff and Bosch made in same factory - you will probably find they are remarkably similar models !

Pannacotta Tue 20-Aug-13 11:15:37

I am bamboozled by all the choice, but am keen to get one which is reliable, after having bad experiences before.

My budget is £400 so can just about afford a Bosch or Neff.
These two look good but would be great to have some feedback

ao.com/product/S51E50X1GB-Neff-Series-2-Standard-Dishwasher-Black-23117.aspx
and
ao.com/product/SMV50C00GB-Bosch-Classixx-Standard-Dishwasher-Black-22893.aspx

Any tips?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now