I can't stand dusters - what do you use for general dusting/cleaning?

(17 Posts)
PoppyAmex Mon 19-Aug-13 18:26:18

Ostrich feather thing and then ecloth

DSs old muslins.brilliant for general cleaning!

Quaffle Mon 19-Aug-13 18:20:51

I use a car cleaning mitt for dusting. The little "bobbles" get into nooks and crannies.

reelingintheyears Mon 19-Aug-13 18:19:03

I was going to say his

www.iwantpants.com/

but thought i'd get told off. grin

smaths Mon 19-Aug-13 18:17:45

Microfibre cloths for everything - a damp one to dust/clean and a dry one to dry/buff

reelingintheyears Mon 19-Aug-13 18:14:55

DP's T shirts.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 19-Aug-13 18:14:47

E-Cloths. Damp & dry.

Frontdoorstep Mon 19-Aug-13 18:11:00

I use wet wipes.

I use well rung out blue jay cloths. After I finish it get chucked in the washing basket and gets washed with what ever wash is on.

5madthings Mon 19-Aug-13 12:41:49

i wipe surface with wet wipes! or i use the little fluffy dusting attachment for the hoover but wet wipes are quicker and easier.

fussychica Mon 19-Aug-13 12:36:11

Disposable dry duster things for non wood surfaces, damp cloth and ecloth for others and polish & duster for wood. Probably a bit faffy but works for me.

NoComet Mon 19-Aug-13 10:16:17

Just damp cloth, but I dust for Xmas and that's about it.

Hercy Mon 19-Aug-13 10:12:25

I get the worst off with the dyson brush attachment, then use cif spray or polish spray (depending on type of surface) with kitchen roll. Means I never have to bother with cleaning dusters and cloths (use cheap jay clothes in the kitchen which are regularly chucked and replaced), but I'm sure it's not the most cost effective way!

ShatnersBassoon Mon 19-Aug-13 08:26:43

Fluffy feather duster thing, and the brush head on the vacuum cleaner.

MrsBucketxx Mon 19-Aug-13 08:25:24

I use microfibre cloths for dusting.

Couldn't thing of any other way to do it?

Forgetfulmog Mon 19-Aug-13 08:23:40

I use our dyson for dusting (the brush head attachment) & a microfibre cloth dampened with water for marks. Method do a multi-purpose spray that has a non-chemically smell & doesn't streak

Jemster Mon 19-Aug-13 08:21:40

I really don't like using dusters and am not all that keen on polish, although I do like the end result, nice clean surfaces. What other options are there for ensuring dust is removed and cleaning surfaces that get covered in sticky little handprints and all sorts?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now