Cant get rid of wee stains on the loo seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

(16 Posts)
PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Tue 20-Aug-13 22:33:44

Good thinking ^

specialmagiclady Tue 20-Aug-13 19:26:31

I now have an old-school black loo seat. It's the equivalent of sticking my fingers in my ears and singing la la la la laaaa

5madthings Tue 20-Aug-13 17:06:09

Yep with four boys we buy a new look seat once a year or sometimes more! They are only about £30.

Even if you manage to keep the, stain free I find with four boys the screw bits etc get a bit manky from wee splashes etc.

valiumredhead Tue 20-Aug-13 15:35:38

I get a new loo seat every year.

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Tue 20-Aug-13 15:30:12

I have three gents Chez Pale.... New loo seat all the way....

WildThongsHeartString Mon 19-Aug-13 20:44:33

Have you got a steam cleaner? I found it really helped remove pee marks.

greyvix Mon 19-Aug-13 20:37:17

Barkeepers Friend worked short term for me, but it came back (obviously scratched the surface).

PolterGoose Mon 19-Aug-13 18:58:50

Scouring won't help either as you'll just create a haze of fine scratches to trap more dirt. You need to get a new seat and start again. I spray bathroom cleaner then wipe with toilet roll so I can flush it or a washable microfibre cloth.

lolawasashowgirl Mon 19-Aug-13 15:36:29

Have you tried Bar Keepers Friend? Worked like magic on my seat!

mummaemma Sun 18-Aug-13 21:10:09

so its the bleach doing it shock

PigletJohn Sun 18-Aug-13 14:55:52

yellow stains on a white loo seat actually come from bleach, not wee. AFAIK it is not removable. Luckily new seats are not very expensive.

Bleach also leaves a permanent yellow stain on porcelain, and spoils old china plates if it gets in through chips or cracks in the glaze.

mummaemma Sat 17-Aug-13 22:26:43

dont really want to buy a new seat. toilet only fitted a year ago.

yeah used a scouring pad. will try Ajax and bicarb

5madthings Sat 17-Aug-13 21:01:22

I just buy a new look seat, crap I k ow but after scrubbing and scrubbing I gave up.

With my new one it is wiped straight away and then I clean with bleach everyday, no stains so far and boys have it drummed into them to wipe up any drips/splashes!

littlemisswise Sat 17-Aug-13 21:00:57

Scouring pad and a bit of Ajax or cream cleanser will do it, or maybe a bit of bicarb on a scouring pad will be gentler.

MrsHarryRamsden Sat 17-Aug-13 20:58:57

Have you used a scouring pad as well as the bleach?

mummaemma Sat 17-Aug-13 20:52:31

yes i have boys who seem to get it everywhere.

have taken the whole seat off and soaked it in bleach and scrubbed but the stains are still there. What else can i try?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now