Rug Doctor?

(5 Posts)
Bluecarrot Sun 18-Aug-13 21:32:39

I did 6 rooms and hall/stairs/landing with a rug dr recently. It's heavy and needs emptied and fresh detergent put in every few mins but was totally worth it. smile takes a while for carpets to dry so bear that in mind- we moved out for the weekend!

PistachioTruffle Sun 18-Aug-13 17:51:52

Thank you, I'll go for the Rug Doctor then! StuckOnARollercoaster, that's exactly what I want RD to do - Make the carpet look and feel cleaner. If I can do it without paying someone else, so much the better!

StuckOnARollercoaster Sat 17-Aug-13 17:24:44

I've used them and they do the job well.
I was mightily unimpressed with professional carpet cleaners - most were unwilling to give any kind of quote without coming round, and I expect submitting me to a hard sell. To get some idea of their cost I did let one come round and he ended up quoting me £250 for a 2 bedroom flat (and it was a pressured hard sell all about how crap rug doctors are).
The carpet was not in a terrible state and I don't have money to burn, so I got a rug doctor for I think £25 plus a bit more for the detergent and it looked brilliant afterwards. Perhaps there is a difference and a professional clean would have gone that step further, but to be honest I didn't need that - I needed it to feel and look cleaner and that's what the rug doctor did.

mcmooncup Sat 17-Aug-13 17:17:27

Rug doctor is brill

PistachioTruffle Sat 17-Aug-13 17:15:39

Any experiences of hiring a rug doctor machine? The carpet I want to use it on is in good condition with no major staining or anything, it's just looking a little grubby and in need of a freshen up. Would hiring a rug doctor be the best option for something like this, or is it worth hiring someone to come and clean the carpets professionally?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now