Shite! Blue Harpic has stained my loo seat...

(6 Posts)
RubyrooUK Fri 16-Aug-13 19:36:53

...and sadly this isn't a euphemism.

DS1 did a disgusting poo which stuck to the toilet. I chucked some blue Harpic down after it. Unfortunately it splashed on the toilet seat and even though I wiped it off, it has stained.

Is there anything that will get it off or will I have to replace the seat altogether? I am so so annoyed with myself for not realising it would stain.

Thank you!

RubyrooUK Fri 16-Aug-13 20:46:52

No-one been this stupid? blushhmmblush

ZombiesAteMyBigToe Fri 16-Aug-13 21:00:57

I have a great big green harpic stain on my toilet seat. It's been there about a fortnight and is fading over time. It only gets a wipe with bleach spray twice a week or so, but I'm prepared to wait it out as toilet seat odd shape and hard to replace.

RubyrooUK Fri 16-Aug-13 22:12:16

Thanks Zombies. Maybe I will give it a couple of weeks. We have only had our new toilet for a few months.

THIS is why I must never clean (and why I shouldn't have to clean up my disgusting sons' bum produce either grin).

RubyrooUK Mon 19-Aug-13 20:30:11

Alright, if this ever happens to anyone else who Googles this very thing, here is the answer. JML Magic Eraser. Removed the stain that even hardcore cleaners couldn't shift. Amazing.

LIZS Mon 19-Aug-13 20:33:13

ooh will give it a go as did same to ours and thought it a write off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now