Stepping through August, shall we?

(52 Posts)
AdoraBell Chile Wed 31-Jul-13 17:37:08

As the other one is so two months ago.

Ta Dahs

Up and breakfast plonk on table, we all over slept
Made sandwiches for packed lunches
Chopped and acidated apples for packed lunch, they won't eat them if the go brown
Shooed family out the door
WM on
Cleared breakfast things away
My breakfast in peace
Dressed for Pilates
Second breakfast for OH
Swapped loads in washing machine
Went to Pilates, survived grin
Back home and collapsed in a warm bath
Caught up on MN

Need to

Cook pasta for tomorrow's packed lunches
Decide what to eat for lunch
Pop out for errands
General tidy up and whizz round
Collect DDs at 6
Eat out
Attend meetings at school at 7.30
Come home and go to bed.

liveinazoo Mon 09-Sep-13 11:50:17

at last ive found you!!!!!!!!

I couldn't find the damn thread so I started a new one-babystepping into September.i hope you will come and join me

<<rattles sweetie tin and hopes>>

Scout19075 United States Tue 03-Sep-13 21:10:43

Strange day on the flying front. Think I will attack properly tomorrow.

Scout19075 United States Tue 03-Sep-13 10:06:36

We're finally home!!!!

Taking it slowly or I'd cry.

AdoraBell Chile Fri 30-Aug-13 19:58:21

DW needs emptying.

I cooked breakfast today, DD2 asked last night for scrambled eggs. This morning OH asked for porridge and I said I was doing eggs etc, he said "well, can you do porridge as well" I didn't do porridge as well

Then I fed the dogs,
went to Pilates,
supermarket and then back home.
Hosed down dogs as they'd escaped again.
Had brunch, mushrooms on toast, as the cereal I'd eaten didn't last me long.
Gave dogs a snack, puppies have lost a lot of weight at the kennels
Had another tea and caught up on MN

DW still hasn't been emptied.

Later I need to take DDs out, after school.

I really must empty the DW, think I'll put the kettle on.

Scout19075 United States Fri 30-Aug-13 15:00:25

Sometimes I wish I had that option.

AdoraBell Chile Thu 29-Aug-13 17:59:26

I've vowed never To holiday with the ILs again Scout, hope you feel better soon.

Scout19075 United States Thu 29-Aug-13 10:33:18

Holidays with the in-laws can be hard work.

I'm tired.

AdoraBell Chile Thu 29-Aug-13 00:39:48

All the Washing is in, tea towels and hand towels put away, t'other stuff pilled up in kitchen. Shopping bought, DDs collected and brought home.

AdoraBell Chile Wed 28-Aug-13 20:45:23

We are having a few hot sunny days, so I've done laundry, 5th load in now, plus hand washing. Towels are dry and folded. Not much else achieved as went to Pilates and have been trying to persuade dogs to do as I command not going very Well Today

DW has been Emptied and reloaded, need to spray some anti mold in the shower. Vacuuming can wait for now, just need to clean the kitchen floor as dogs have been inside.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AdoraBell Chile Sat 24-Aug-13 15:03:53

Hope you are not to tired from all those jobs Scout wink

I'm busy watching DDs play hockey, they won the first match.

Did breakfast and set the DW to run before we left.
Need to nag help DDs to get their laundry done when we get home, then lunch then dog training.

Scout19075 United States Sat 24-Aug-13 14:12:28

We're on holiday right now so no flying is being done. I do have a to do list, though, but mostly consists of catching up on emails, cards and letters, writing postcards, helping SB write cards (I write them, he signs his name), going to the post office, etc. It's a hard life, really. wink

AdoraBell Chile Wed 21-Aug-13 03:24:58

DD is improving but apart from getting her showered, then myself and washing her clothes and bedding I haven't had time to do much. I have done food though and even fed the dogs as OH apparently doesn't have time. We missed dog training today so hope to start on Thursday now. There was mucho confusion though as after I texted the vet to change the chap turned up here, but we're doing it the vet's. I need to speak to him tomorrow. No Pilates tomorrow as DD won't be fit for school.

AdoraBell Chile Tue 20-Aug-13 02:17:50

So much for dinner ideas, DD1 has a bug and I now realise why my digestive system has been so active these last couple of days.

I collected DD1 from school just before midday, back home, didn't want to eat, back out to collect DD2 and got the shopping I wanted from a different store. Other than that it's been wiping up and changing bed sheets. She's sleeping now so I'm hoping she'll stay asleep.

Tonight we've eaten plain chicken with rice, OH and DD2 added condiments and DD1 isn't eating.

Tomorrow we start training OH the dogs, provided DD1 is okay to be left or come with.

AdoraBell Chile Mon 19-Aug-13 17:01:18

I struggled, bravely, through breakfast etc this morning. My back had seized solid but after an hour of stretching it this way and that in pilates I can move againgrin

New bed sheets have been washed and are hanging, dropped over the banister because I can't reach up. Tried to get a few bits in the supermarket but had to abandon it as my international card causes confusion.

Back home, breakfast in peace, I wasn't hungry earlier.

Currently parusing t'internet for dinner ideas.

Hope you had a nice weekend Bessie

Zoo how are you doing?

bessie26 Mon 19-Aug-13 15:59:48

Happy belated birthday scout!

We have been down in Devon for the weekend & back to work tomorrow, so this evening will be spent doing laundry & unpacking cases!

AdoraBell Chile Mon 19-Aug-13 02:53:01

Aaah, so nice that you've been spoiled, and a belated Happy Birthdaythanks

We went out yesterday so nada in terms of flying. Today we popped out but local so DD2 was able to get her laundry done. They were using too many resources by refusing to cooperate so now one washes all the lights and the other washes all the darks.

Lunch was eaten out so I've done breakfast
tidied away,
Showered and treated little mold patches
hand washing and put all washing on the line, DD2 can't reach,
chivvied DDs to get ready so we could actually leave,
sorted dog's food,
watched a movie with DDs & OH,
dinner,
cleared away,
packed up pasta for tomorrow's lunches,
DW loaded and switch flicked
made tea,
collapsed.

Scout19075 United States Sat 17-Aug-13 09:19:41

All fine in PiLShire, thanks Adora. We came down so my SiL & her fiancée could join SB and I for a trip to the cinema. It was also my birthday so there was plenty of spoiling, presents, cake, lunch at the flying club/airfield (a real treat for SB, too, so he can see all of the planes), etc. MrScout joined us last night after work and joined in the spoiling. I feel really very lucky and a tad overwhelmed.

SB has been up since half-past stupid o'clock (read, just before 6 a.m.) when he woke desperate for a pee. So far we have:

both had breakfast
cleared up breakfast dishes
put out breakfast stuff for my PiL (SB likes to help get out the bowls, spoons and boxes of cereal for them)
two loads of laundry done
one load of laundry in the dryer, the second on the line
third load of laundry loaded in the washer but not set going yet
played with Brio
played with Lego
played outside
updated my diary (I have a diary that I write an overview of what SB has done each day -- helping me to prepare for when I start to HE)
reigned in the presents that seemed to have spread out and made a tidy pile, ready to be packed up later

AdoraBell Chile Sat 17-Aug-13 05:07:25

Hope all is well in PILshire and good luck with SmallBoy's eyes.

Today has been spent running around so not much flying. DW, breakfast, tea, dogs fed and not much else.

Scout19075 United States Fri 16-Aug-13 22:47:16

Yesterday was spent travelling from Scoutshire to PiLShire via the Big Smoke. Three trains and a very happy SmallBoy. Took him to the optician as I've noticed he's been struggling and they're referring him to the hospital for more tests (and probably glasses).

Today has been spent being spoiled, taking SmallBoy to the cinema for the first time and eating cake. Birthdays should happen more often.

Flying is out the window this weekend as we're away. However, MiL said to bring our laundry (since we're only home for a half-a-day next week before we go away) so will do that tomorrow (MrScout brought it down with him tonight).

AdoraBell Chile Thu 15-Aug-13 04:20:55

Update

Shopping pre school run
Quick coffee
School
Dropped freind's DCs home
More shopping
Home
Brought clean stuff in but it was just after dark so slightly damp again
Made dinner while DDs started on a movie with OH
Watched end of the movie
Sent DDs to bed
Brought shopping in and put the car away
Had a tea and updated on MN

No school tomorrow so we're getting up late grin

AdoraBell Chile Wed 14-Aug-13 21:19:41

Me too Scout I swear my Pilates teacher tried to kill us this morning. Despite that I've done 4 loads of washing, two hand washes, hung everything out. Fed dogs, fed kids, offered OH food but he declined (not my problem), I've eaten, bathrooms have been S&S'd, kitchen skimmed over, emptied DW and refilled it, including the salt.

Hope you get your t'internet sorted quickly Zoo

Scout I hope you feel less tired now

Scout19075 United States Wed 14-Aug-13 20:24:42

Soooo tired!

liveinazoo Wed 14-Aug-13 09:36:18

<inhales coffee,biscuits and pastries

kids are fed
cats fed
litter tray sorted

washings on
bathrooms been scrubbed and now shiny,not toothpaste smeared
relocated rest living room

it still needs polishing and floor washing but looks soo much better.have lit a scented candle as my rewardsmile

kitchen is next on my to do list

I may be absent for a few days as I don't have on line banking and the internetsdue a payment and ive not had the bill yetsad

If im uiet for a couple of days I will be returning asap and I pledge allegiance in my absence to fly like the wind and have plenty to post on my return!!!!grin

AdoraBell Chile Wed 14-Aug-13 00:54:44

Washing completed - apart from DD's which they'll put on in the morning- and most brought back in. One load of towels were too wet still so can sit there until they dry <stern face>

Dinner is underway and dogs have been fed and booted out. I have no clue what DDs are having for lunch tomorrow as I haven't shopped yet.

Have taken a leaf from another MNer's book (thread in Chat, can't remember who now -sorry) and DDs are going to be responsible for the evening meal one day each week.DD1 has chosen Tuesday would I be cynical to think that's because I'd already started dinner tonight?
but DD2 can't decide yet.

<leaves fresh coffee, I'll need it, and pastries for breakfast>

Scout19075 United States Tue 13-Aug-13 20:38:16

In SB's eyes I was a failure (though I don't think he knows the word failure). Even offering alternatives (like oaty bars, which don't get offered until mid-morning, normally) wasn't cutting it. Ah well, I'm off to the shop tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now