Which hoover?

(28 Posts)
hackneybird Mon 29-Jul-13 13:17:32

We've been making do with a cheap hoover for about 14 years and it's finally got to go.

I would rather not buy a Dyson but would lie to invest in something long lasting and high performance. Is there something out there like this but without the pricey Dyson brand name?

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Sun 11-Aug-13 21:44:02

I've had two Dysons and they were crap. I've had a Miele cat and dog about three years now and it's brilliant. Love it.

PigletJohn Sun 11-Aug-13 21:58:49

upright vacs have a more complex mechanism, and a really good one is more expensive than a really good cylinder. But they are best for carpets, especially downstairs where dirt gets walked in and the powerful beater bars and brushes get it out. A cylinder is not much use on a long pile carpet or rug, or a doormat.

Miele uprights score very high in "Which," but they are expensive. there are several very good brands of cylinders.

We Some people have an upright for downstairs and a cylinder for up. Our Miele is rather old and heavy and may have to change for a newer, lighter one. Our old vacs get relegated to the garage for hoovering out cars.

wonkylegs Mon 12-Aug-13 07:54:53

Have just bought a Miele cylinder (the quiet one) and it's fab. Its performance was even commented on by the plumber who came to do a small job and asked to borrow it to hoover up the corner he'd been working on... He ended up hoovering almost the whole room whilst commenting how fab it is. blushgrin
It's a revelation after our heavy dyson, light and easy to use and copes with hair too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now