How do I get the black out of the edge of the silicon on the grout in the bathroom?

(13 Posts)
Millipedewithherfeetup Sat 29-Jun-13 23:13:34

Dettol mould and mildew remover does exactly what it says on the tin ! !

I always use Dettol mould & mildrew spray - you spray it everywhere leave it alone come back and just rinse it off - no need to scrub it gets rid of the mould and mildew. It has never failed for me - make sure you ventilate the room alot when spraying because it has a strong smell - I even sprayed this on my fence to get rid of green mould before repainting and it worked a treat - saved me scrubbing the fences.

you can get it at most supermarkets its a green bottle: www.dettol.co.uk/mould-and-mildew

Mumelie Sat 29-Jun-13 06:46:55

I second the HG mould and mildew cleaner its brilliant. I use it to keep the grout sparkly white in my shower and found it was great on the silicone around upvc windows. Keep well away from paint work though!

Trumpton Sat 29-Jun-13 04:21:59

HG mould remover from Lakeland . It's amazing .

KatyTheCleaningLady Sat 29-Jun-13 04:18:53

Try making a poultice of paper towels or cotton wool soaked in bleach, and leave on overnight. It will lighten the mold. But, that's the best you're going to be able to do.

Alfiecat Fri 28-Jun-13 21:47:31

Try thick bleach or any of the bathroom cleaners with bleach. Leave it on overnight and then wash off.

JacqueslePeacock Fri 28-Jun-13 21:45:19

Bleach? At least it turns the black spots pale grey.

nomorekisses Fri 28-Jun-13 21:43:26

really, no cleaner will do the trick? I don't want to reapply it. I didn't put it on in the first place!

MousyMouse Fri 28-Jun-13 21:40:23

renew.
you can get mould resisting sealant.
it's quite easy to do.

Ubermumsy Fri 28-Jun-13 21:37:56

Another vote for reapplying. Though you can get silicon sealant softener to help remove it - very satisfying to peel it off!

Vellimetry Fri 28-Jun-13 21:35:28

You rip it off and re-apply. Sorry.

MissMarplesBloomers Fri 28-Jun-13 21:34:32

<watching with interest -similar probelm with some of our silicon grouting>

nomorekisses Fri 28-Jun-13 21:33:02

Exactly that. Got dots of black where silicon meets grout. Looks nasty and bathroom is new last year.

Any good products? We tried HG mould (I think it was) but no joy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now