How do you clean your laminate floors?

(14 Posts)
Jan49 Tue 02-Jul-13 09:52:52

I hoover with a soft brush head. If there are any marks that need water to remove, I use a damp mop.

KirstyJC Mon 01-Jul-13 21:21:30

I just open the doors and wait for the dust bunnies to roll out of their own accord.....grin

Just hoover it, it will be fine.

Occasionally I get down on hands and knees to scrub with a wet cloth, but then we have laminate in the dining room and dried on weetabix needs sand blasting to get off.

Meglet England Mon 01-Jul-13 21:17:38

Dyson once or twice a week. Baby wipes for spills.

It's at least 10yrs old (previous owner) and even my kids haven't ruined it. I would never go back to skanky old carpet now.

Winceywoo Mon 01-Jul-13 21:15:09

I vacuum most days and once a week use a Vileda flat mop (designed for laminates). I spray the floor lightly first with very diluted Stardrops and it's amazing how much dirt comes off. The Vileda mop heads are washable, I usually wash it each time I have used it.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 30-Jun-13 14:36:19

i use a steam mop - it definitely wets less than proper mopping, which is what I did before, and the laminate stood up well to that.

ZenGardener Sun 30-Jun-13 14:33:39

I used to Hoover and steam mop in our last house which was all laminate.

alemci Sun 30-Jun-13 14:32:08

i use a steam mop. I would have thought this would be better as the steam doesn't overwet the floor.

You are meant to use deionised water with ours. Is it safe to use white vinegar or do you spray that on the floor.

I hoover daily (large hairy dog in residence) and mop once a week during dry weather, and as often as needed in wet weather.

A well wrung out mop is best, and I use bio soap powder as it makes getting up those nasty marks that dogs/children use a lot easier - smells lovely too.

Lucielou123 Sun 30-Jun-13 14:17:21

Thanks for the advice all smile

Millipedewithherfeetup Sat 29-Jun-13 23:24:01

Don't use a steam mop if your floor is not sealed, it will wreck your floor,
would recommend floor wipes ( wrung out a bit first), and a bit of elbow grease !

PrincessOfChina Fri 28-Jun-13 19:50:05

Hoover.

Mop rarely.

MinnesotaNice Fri 28-Jun-13 19:48:21

Run the vacuum then use a steam mop with a mix of water and white vinegar.

loveliesbleeding1 Fri 28-Jun-13 19:46:10

I hoover all over with the brushes down on the hoover head, then mop with a really squeezed out mop, alternatively wring out a flat headed micro fibre mop I have used both methods and after 10 years my floor still looks like new!

Lucielou123 Fri 28-Jun-13 18:03:06

We are getting laminate fitted in our new house next week. Am used to carpets so need advice on cleaning laminate.
Thanks all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now