How many hours a week for a cleaner to...

(10 Posts)

depends what level of cleaning you are after
Our cleaner has managed to keep our bathrooms like they are new for the last 6 years. (and we live in a very hard water area) I know it takes her 1 hour to do 2 bathrooms.
She is here for 3 hours in total and in that time she does both bathrooms, the kitchen and either upstairs or downstairs.

Upshot.. yep.. 2 hours should be fine.

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 27-Jun-13 21:30:55

That's more than enough time, unless the house is in some sort of messy filthy state.

Mintyy Thu 27-Jun-13 15:08:29

Yes, it would take me hours to do what my cleaner does but then I would keep stopping for cups of coffee/gaze out of the window/send texts/faff around online.

Hercy Thu 27-Jun-13 14:21:31

I would say that's easily enough time, unless the rooms are huge. Most cleaners would be expected to do some more including (all or some of the following) hoovering bedrooms, stairs, light dusting/polishing, cleaning kitchen surfaces and hob etc.

DonutForMyself Thu 27-Jun-13 13:49:25

Yes, must admit if its my own house it might take longer but when I'm conscious of getting it all done within 2 hours its a much less leisurely (and slightly less thorough!) job.

notso Thu 27-Jun-13 13:46:59

Thanks and grin Mintyy.
I should have added hoovering the kitchen floor first Donut.

I think it would take me way longer than that, but I've never timed myself, I also have an odd, time consuming method of mopping the kitchen floor.

Mintyy Thu 27-Jun-13 12:29:34

Yes, plenty of time, unless you live in a castle.

DonutForMyself Thu 27-Jun-13 12:28:41

That's a 4 bed house btw

DonutForMyself Thu 27-Jun-13 12:28:21

You need to hoover before mopping to do it effectively.

I take 2 hours to dust horizontal surfaces upstairs and down; hoover upstairs and down; mop bathroom & ensuite upstairs + & all of downstairs; clean shower, bath, 3 sinks and 3 toilets; wipe down kitchen tops and dining table.

It helps if the floors and worktops have been tidied so you have unobstructed access.

notso Thu 27-Jun-13 12:17:09

Mop the kitchen floor,
Clean the shower room,
Clean the bathroom,
Hoover and mop the dining room and hall?

Is two hours enough?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now