How did you find your cleaner?

(9 Posts)
Karbea Thu 27-Jun-13 12:01:15

I've been cleaning my house myself, but I'm fed up doing it. I'd really like a lady to do a fe w hours twice a week, but I've no idea how to find one.
Any tips?

TheBookofRuth Thu 27-Jun-13 12:05:07

I went through an agency - just picked a local one off Google which had lots of good reviews.

It took them three "goes" to find me one I was happy with, but it was worth it, she is brilliant. Although she is so scarily efficient that I'm actually a bit nervous around her!

Hercy Thu 27-Jun-13 14:16:57

Asked friends/family in the local area.

Hercy Thu 27-Jun-13 14:17:33

As in asked them if they had a cleaner who they'd recommend and who was looking for more work!

Karbea Thu 27-Jun-13 14:36:21

Umm I don't know anyone in our area.

loveliesbleeding1 Fri 28-Jun-13 19:52:04

How about an advert card in your local shop? Worth a try.

frustratedashell Fri 28-Jun-13 19:57:03

I am a cleaner. I put fliers through the door in my local area. Agencies are okay but you will pay more. Look in your local shops for cleaners advertising. Personal recommendation is the best thing really

Karbea Fri 28-Jun-13 20:53:40

We don't have a post office in our village, umm will have to have a look and see if I can find somewhere for cards.
I had flyers in the past, hopefully someone will sense I need a cleaner and post one through the door!

loveliesbleeding1 Fri 28-Jun-13 21:08:41

Is there not a public notice board you could use , you could have a wander round and find out .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now