Washing a cat covered in poo - whats the worst job you did today

(13 Posts)
sherbetpips Tue 25-Jun-13 12:52:47

Just had to get dried on poo off my cats tail, legs and backside by washing her - managed to contain the claws right up until I lifted her out of the water then the little sod got all four into my arm!
She may be clean but she now stinks of damp cat - am humming smelly cat as I wander the house looking for poo remenants.....

morethanmama Tue 25-Jun-13 14:38:18

And I thought changing litter tray was badgrin. Just snorted coffee all over iPhone.

DorisShutt Tue 25-Jun-13 14:57:12

Cleaning a poo covered toddler grin

I'll swap you for the cat?!

GobbySadcase Tue 25-Jun-13 14:59:42

Mooncup incident. Bathroom floor. Geyser like action (emptying hourly).

One heck of a clean up. You'd think there had been a murder.

I now have 3 different drugs to try and stop the bleeding...

Nivet Tue 25-Jun-13 15:04:13

Yesterday I had to remove a dead frog that had somehow got it's head trapped in my back door. It only had half it's skull left and one eye.

I had to scrub frog juice out of the door frame.

crazyhamsterdisguisedasahippo Tue 25-Jun-13 15:08:45

I woke up to find one of my cats eating a pigeon in the conservatory , I'm guessing it was alive when she bought it in as their was feathers & blood everywhere <boak>
All my other cats were just sat looking at her like hmm you do realise their is food in the kitchen

Whojamaflip Tue 25-Jun-13 16:06:53

irrigate an abscess which the vet lanced yesterday on one of the calves - ungrateful little sod would not keep his head still so the calf pen now looks like something died in it envy <<boak>>

wouldn't mind but I have to repeat for the next 4 days...

highschoolmum Tue 25-Jun-13 16:09:43

crazy it must be the day for pigeons, we had one too, after the third vole this morning. Just as well I'm not squeamish, feathers and guts everywhere!

Hassled Tue 25-Jun-13 16:11:41

I had to wash a cat covered in oil once (I Swarfega'd the hell out of him using rubber gloves) but poo is way, way worse.

Mycatistoosexy Tue 25-Jun-13 16:12:49

This morning I stripped the bed and gathered up all the vomit covered clothes from yesterday. Poor DS has a stomach bug.

Came downstairs to find three puddles of cat sick and a hairball that looked like a turd.

Cleaned that up to hear my poor DS nearly blow off his nappy. Poo everywhere, up his back, down his legs..

I still have vomit in my hair from yesterday.

Dead rat. Guts everywhere. Head crushed.

Smug cat.

Kitchen bench.

whatsonyourplate Tue 25-Jun-13 20:21:26

Don't feel so bad now about the dog poo covered school trousers awaiting my attention.

PriyaKoothrappali Thu 27-Jun-13 19:50:49

I had to wash my dog who ran through a burst sewer main river that was bubbling up into a field unbeknownst to me at the time. That was fun. But I'd rather do that than try to wash poo off a cat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now