Lily pollen has stained my new jeans - please help!

(6 Posts)

I was ill last year and received flowers including lilies which I put on the mantelpiece, MIL in her wisdom thought they would look better on the windowsill and my new cream curtains got lily pollen stains on. A few days on the washing line did fade it away again though.

PipkinsPal Tue 25-Jun-13 18:02:02

I find Fairy Liquid put onto stains and then put the clothes straight into the washing machine gets nearly all stains out. Haven't had lily pollen on clothes as I don't buy flowers and lilies are poisonous to cats.

PrivateBenjamin Tue 25-Jun-13 17:56:40

Thanks LeoandBoos but most of that advice was for people who didn't stupidly put the jeans through the washing machine and set the stain into the fabric.

PeazlyPops - Thank you! I will try that. smile

PeazlyPops Tue 25-Jun-13 13:44:17

Hang them outside on the line, it might take a few days but the sun gets rid of it.

I was skeptical but it worked for me.

LeoandBoosmum Tue 25-Jun-13 12:56:57
PrivateBenjamin Tue 25-Jun-13 12:50:47

So basically what the title says!

I had some lilies last week and managed to brush against them and get pollen on the waistband/ pocket area of my favourite jeans. I naively thought it would just wash out but when i got them out of the washer yesterday the pollen has smeared and stained.

Oh wise Mumsnetters - is there anything I can do? The jeans are a very pale denim if that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now