If for one week somebody came in and did a chore for you what would it be?

(60 Posts)
namechangea Sat 22-Jun-13 09:21:48

Mine would be somebody to put ALL the clean laundry away. It's neverending.

Startail Wed 26-Jun-13 00:12:45

What is it with bathrooms, I wave a cloth at ours once in a blue moon and throw cleaner down the loo now and then.

It's the least troublesome room in the house.

Now if someone wants to clean my kitchen and mob the floor....

ThisIsMummyPig Wed 26-Jun-13 00:17:20

Proper deep clean of the carpets (with a washer thing). Its not so much the cleaning, as the moving of the furniture.

MummyAbroad Wed 26-Jun-13 00:20:17

Fix something! Everything is in varying states of decay, would be marvellous if week by week things started working again.

colditz Wed 26-Jun-13 00:20:38

Picking things up off the floor.

I answered this question here about five years ago. Sadly, the answer hasn't changed.

colditz Wed 26-Jun-13 00:21:50

Picking things up off the floor.

I answered this question here about five years ago. Sadly, the answer hasn't changed.

elQuintoConyo Wed 26-Jun-13 00:30:00

colditz sad so bad you had to tell us twice thanks

For me: cooking! Everything else I can do myself, most of it doesn't bother me. Sweeping and mopping is a necessary hasske, but laundry, ironing, cleaning the bathrom... nope, they don't phade me.

But, cooking, grrrrrrrrr hate it, hate it, hate it. It's just fuel. Chopped onions, peppers and garlic come frozen in bags, thanks. I make Christmas pudding but it bores the arse hairs off me, despite having a lovely friend who is my Christmas-pudding-cooking-buddy.

Sorting washing. Luckily dd does it whilst I sit and boss her about grin but not often enough only once a week it really needs to be 3 at least.

amazingmumof6 Wed 26-Jun-13 10:26:48

day four in Zombie land as baby DD is teething and has a virus. I'm so tired I want to cry, but I won't. I need to reserve my energy.

I'm so exhausted that I need a new word.

I'm Zombed.

I haven't had a full night sleep since DS1 was born almost 12 years ago, so my wish is a night nurse, on duty from 11pm till 7am so I can have a full night sleep.
every night

fussychica Wed 26-Jun-13 14:33:00

Washing up - how much longer will I have to wait to sort my kitchen out and go back to having a dishwasher again?

amazingmumof6 Wed 26-Jun-13 15:51:03

fussy I once was without my washing machine for 3 weeks. I was slightly traumatised. it was genuinely horrible. we do have 6 kids, baby was only 7 months old.

I couldn't function properly - but the silver lining was that in my rebellious hours of "If-I-can't-do-the-washing-&-can't -keep-up-I-might-as-well-do-fuck-all" I was fuffing about on the Internet and found Mumsnet.

so don't despair. something good will come out of it.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now