A Lazy Housewives Guide to Having an Easier Life!

(52 Posts)
SEWannabe Sun 16-Jun-13 11:17:36

Hi
I am just wondering what lazy (but handy) tips you all use in the home, to make your life easier?
I thought it may be nice to share some with each other, as I am sick of feeling really un-organized!

My main one is REALLY lazy:

When making a roast dinner, I always use those throw away foil trays to roast the meat and potatoes in blush. I HATE scrubbing roasting tins, so now I make sure I don't have to!

Another one is that I used to always run around in the mornings like a headless chicken, finding uniforms for school, and pants and socks for the children. Now, I have a 'Uniform bag' in the upstairs hallway, in which I keep all school uniform, PE kit, and 5 pairs of pants/socks/boxers per child.
As soon as the Uniform is all washed (normally a Saturday), it goes straight into this bag, so I don't have to worry about where to find it on Monday morning.

What are your lazy but genius ideas? Please share, I don't want to feel like the only lazy one here smile

MinimalistMommi Sat 22-Jun-13 12:28:28

Thanks for explaining toot I get worried about anything that touches the toilet and don't like to use a washable cloth because I don't wash much on 60 degrees which I guess would be needed to kill bugs?

MollyNollyNoo Sun 23-Jun-13 10:03:04

I use disposable loo wipes MinimalistMommi (well, they say flushable on the packet but I always throw them away).

I've also go the duck loo brush thing here (there is not much worse imo than a toddler wielding a loo brush because they think would make a good toy) this way everything that clean the loo gets thrown away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now